Temporary Cover

Just thought I would mention this in case it's useful for anyone now or in the future.

It was necessary for me to get temporary cover for my porka. As you may [or may not] know I live in France and bought a UK porka. To get the car back here I needed UK insurance for a few days and some Euro cover to as the French red tape is a bit of a pig,

After trawling through masses of online forms with masses of companies, E-Car seemed to have the best options. The interesting option was their pay as you go service. It offers month at a time cover that can be cancelled or extended whenever you want and the policy covers you for UK and europe.

For me, this buys me as much time as I want to get the normal french insurance but if anyone is taking extended road trips through europe would offer nice cover too as it covers you for your Euro trip with the same cover as your UK insurance rather than reverting to a 3rd party cover once off the ferry.

To give the price I paid as an example, one month on my Porsche Boxster 2.7 with ZERO no claims for the month including legal / glass / audio cover blah blah blah was 140 quid. [had to go zero no claims as I just didnt have the time to sort out any proof of my past company insurance driving] as I pick up the car tomorrow :thumbsup_anim:

Are you going to have it registered in France ?

I wasn't originally going to as I had my eye on a Private Plate ;)

Looking at the grand scale of things though, I am starting to think it would be easier to register the car in France and less likely for the local militia to see the Brit plates and key me :D - still unsure though yet.

Archived