• My Ride
    Boxster

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

2,254 profile views
  1. @fewtrees With the remarkable exception of @Escy’s car I think my 986 is possibly the most modified car on the forum. Everything is declared - and I mean everything - even stuff that might be “OK” is declared. Am fully insured for SD&P and full work use inc 2 other drivers based on 10k/yr mileage with a valuation of £15k and the cost of insuring the car is sub £600. I insure through A-Plan Thatcham. My experience has, to date, been entirely positive. Even the annual dance around to insure the thing is remarkably pain-free even if it time consuming. Give them a call and see how you get on. If they can insure me then you might be positively surprised.
  2. Thank you - appreciate you making time to say so. The images are jpegs of A4 sheets so they should print well for those who like me prefer something that’s “always on” when you need to refer to it.
  3. Great to have confirmation and source Thank you 👍
  4. If you're going to use this How To then do so as a "grown up" - that is look after your safety and more importantly the safety of others. You may want to disconnect your battery. You should make sure the car cannot unintentionally move whilst you're working on it or leaving it incomplete. You should validate all torque setting for yourself. If you feel as though you've gone astray then stop, walk away, have a mug of brutally strong engineer's tea with two shortbread biscuits, and go back to it. If it still doesn't feel right then stop and ask someone for help. Here we go:
  5. Have purchased (and used...!) AA European cover - the only "age" requirement at the time was that the car was in good mechanical condition or words to that effect. As mentioned I had reason to use them in Italy and the AA guys in the UK were brilliant - local service was good too. A definite, experience based recommendation for AA European cover from me - but double check their current T&Cs first.
  6. This, in principle is no different to the liability a business has for making sure that folk can't get into their skips and hurt themselves. Even when the business is closed. We had exactly this scenario years ago and the Police were clear - essentially: "yes it's on private land, yes it's stupid to climb into a skip with broken glass in it but it is your job to keep people safe" (not a verbatim quote). Reading back through the comments I think the idea of going after the licensing authority's support is probably worthwhile.
  7. 3rd party damage - we have it for our dogs in the event they do something that leads to loss/damage to a 3rd party. The cover is in two places - a specific 2nd policy for those situations where our household insurance doesn’t cover it (1st policy) This may surprise many of you but our dogs do not have any money. They do not vote, read or drive either. But the consequences of their actions are covered by Household insurance. In this case the 16 year old is equivalent to one of our dogs - and yes his keeper ought to be cleaning up after him too. Personally I would sue the 16 year old via the Small Claims procedure and go from there.
  8. Or could this "package of remedies" mean that "new customer" prices will go up?
  9. @Sazzy - just to let you know that this guide was a massive help for a friend who was working through hood alignment problems. They’re fixed now Thank you.
  10. Solid logic however it doesn’t fit every need - Agreed Value typically restricts mileage - fine if it’s a High Days car that’s garaged (usually another AV condition) but for anything like daily use the highest limit I found was 7500 miles which in a normal year isn’t enough for my 986.
  11. Surprised to see this - might be worth another word and ask them to go to their underwriters for a specific review/decision. You may need to push a bit They did this for me to get my bizarre cover requirements in place and that direct approach on my behalf worked well.
  12. Have used them consistently for the last few years - I insure a couple of heavily modified P cars with them and they always manage to find proper cover for sensible money given the context of the modifications/on street parking/full work use including customers in the car (not a Taxi) and higher than average mileages. Not had to claim yet but they’ve been very responsive on thevodd occasion where I’ve not been 100% about something.
  13. Have to say I am pleased with the service and policies I have with A Plan - both cars are heavily modified (engines, brakes, suspension and drive trains in each case) with both are covered for proper business use and daily driver mileages although the SC hasn't been used nearly enough in 2016. Have to say A Plan Thatcham seem to be one of the few who don't "sigh" we we start running through the mods. The SC was a bit of a challenge this year but the guys at AP Thatcham sorted it out for me and at a net lower price than the previous year.
  14. Hi Matthew, thought I would say hi. I was searching the site for a friend of mine with a boxster.

Life has been busy with me, moving house, moving job about a year ago. Still in fulham though. I hope all is well with you.

->Adam