www.BoXa.net

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I think they mentioned it in this thread
  3. I'm reviving this because I've had a look under the car and now know what I need to replace - all the pipes at the front, and the F-R pipes. The rear pipes to the calipers have been done before. I've got a decent flaring tool and will get kunifer pipe. Does anyone know what size male/female connectors are used? I presume I don't have to use the same size again, but I'd like to make sure I've got the right size spanners. I'll also arm myself with the right ice spray/blowtorch etc (thanks for the link to your post @Nobbie). Secondly, the rubber pipes on the front of mine are the originals and have now done 90k and are 16 years old - I reckon they're worth replacing at the same time? Cheers, Matt.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Hi, I'm after a set of painted badges / crests for my 2011 BOXSTER S.

Alternatively, could you sell a set of wheel caps with painted badges?  76mm

My current ones are painted dark blue, paint code Lm5X.

If you don't have blue, do you have any finished in primer that I can paint?

Thanks.

6. Hallo- Im very happy to found those instructions, enabling me to fix the issue on my 2003 - 986. Unfortunatly I don't see the pictures. Can you send again, please? Thank you.
  7. Last week
  8. The 987 box needs modification as shown in the video. The aos tube can be brittle so be careful. It may be clipped to the oil filler tube in the middle. There is also a valve/tube attached to the underside of the intake manifold. If you go as far as removing the oil cooler, drop the coolant level beforehand and be prepared for a flood.
  9. Picking up the new toy in the morning.  Can’t wait. 

10. I fitted mine in December, very good piece of kit considering only £118. I do have an issue though and wondered if others have experienced this - every so often the unit will not recognise my phone, BT works OK with it, just won’t see the phone. Next time I use it the phone is seen. I have a Galaxy S8 and have also tried my wife’s iPhone 7, both same issue. I’m not sure but quite a few times it seems that if I take too long to switch on the ignition the phone isn’t seen, however it has, to a lesser extent, also happened if I switch the ignition as soon as I get in. Its not a huge issue, but is starting to frustrate me. I have reset the unit twice but after a few starts it happens again. Any thoughts? I have talked to the seller who has upto now suggested reset and try a different phone, I will feed back the latest after I get a feel for others having, or not having the same problem.
  11. Thanks red rocket,I have messaged him now so hope he sees it. Afraid I'm new on here so still learning how it all works. Many thanks Keith.
  12. As it's an old thread best to tag him @Newhart in case he doesn't see your post.
  13. Hi Newhart,how did you manage to get the black pipe(hose)to pass through the manifold when doing the 987 air box? Mine doesnt want to be pushed through so do you have to remove the manifold on the other side in order to remove this pipe.I have the 986 box out and what a job that was.Also did the maf box get in the way underneath due to the bulky part sticking down.Thanks Keith.
  14. Hi Ragpicker, i also have taken on the challenge of fitting a 987 air box and 74mm TB on my 986 2001 boxster s. I have a question for you if you dont mind,i have managed to remove the 986 air box but how do you remove the manifold as there is a black pipe running through the middle.I have disconnected it from one end the end im working at.Cant seem to push it through as its not willing to bend much.Does the fuel rail have to be removed completely also.Many thanks Keith.

15. Hello, could you give me the price and payment details for 4 of the chrome look background centre caps if that description narrows it down sufficiently? I have 911 turbo design wheels and the centre cap background is very similar to the diamond cut when colour.

Thanks, Barry

16. Anyone else think that all these clauses in the policy (however good the company) are just fake weasel words - I just want - this me - insure my car. Them - do you use it to commute to work, is it parked in a private car park, do you drive it on motorways (yes - been asked that DIrect line - and then they said "which ones") Me: Maybe Them: well our underwirtiers (computer program) imagine that because you drive during the week, on a road, when others are on it that you are "high risk" so that will be be £xxxxxx - but if I say "only on sundays, to church, at 6 mph with jesus steering and only then if its sunny and everyone in the county has promised to use another road" then they graciously knock of 75 quid form the quote. I just want - me, car how much and stop f*cking about, because at this end of the deal you are looking for ways to make it seem cheap and at the other end you are looking for ways to avoid paying out. Whole motor insurance / body repairers /ambulance chasers are robbers - they should be the next industry to get the "so you are a (w)(b)anker" treatment.
  17. Earlier
  18. Got a quote from Lockton - great service and good to deal with but I blew the criteria - I drive it regularly, sometimes to work - did 8K miles last year - they were double Admiral for 10K (admiral is unlimited) - and only 50% more when I dropped the mileage to 7.5K - they themselves said that they wouldn;t be competitive and suggested I was better off with Admiral . Maybe if it was a different (more unique) car that I used rarely, had a lot of time invested and used on track days etc - then I would go again - but for a fairly generic, same price as a 2nd hand audi or bmw boxster then perhaps mainstream insurance is the best option - with of course that all insurance is a) a scam b) a lottery and c) only as good as when you have to claim.
  19. My cars just ticked over 200,000 on same clutch, might look at this little trick as wife says clutch is a bit heavy when she occasionally drives it. I have noticed the bite getting higher, so might be worth doing.
  20. Did mine today and has made a noticeable difference which was great. Great write up and easy to follow if not a little tight working upside down in the footwell. Couple of tips that worked for me. I used a small nail that are generally found on electrical clips for house electrics. Fitted well in the hole and didn’t slip through as they have a flat head. Also used a decorators extension pole instead of the clothes line as easy to adjust the length which helped me in lining up the pedal. Purchased from local OPC as there are many options on the parts list. Cost just over £50.00. I always felt the clutch was a little heavy but not in the sense that it was on its way. Pedal now feels softer. Couple of images of old spring. On a side note the lugs on the new spring we’re slightly different and a little smaller, if anything made it easier to fit back in. If you haven’t done this and decide to give it a go don’t be put of when you remove the air pipes and look up into the space. My first reaction was this is never going to work with out removing half the dash. Follow this guide and all should be easy. First photo shows the pin I used
  21. Nice work! 👍🏻 So what were your original symptoms, where did you buy your replacement part from and how much was it?
  22. I used to be with Aviva (Boxster and BMW dd), but for the past two years I've been better with NFU (price and cover), renewal is next month so waiting to see what they offer!
  23. They went up a bit on renewal for me, 718 and DD. However neither other multi-car companies, or trying to insure the 2 cars separately, could get near them again. Think I'm circa £500 for the two, 718 F/C, mini TPFT.
  24. Yes went direct. I didn't say Aviva don't put prices up, just that they don't seem to do this (to me) (yet) I expect the next renewal will be a different story!
  25. As an interested flake of information for people using comparrison sites..it's not uncommon for these to be actually owned by an insurance company themselves eg Admiral Group own Confused.com Admiral Group operates under a number of brands in the United Kingdom: Admiral Insurance 'Bell' from Admiral (exclusively telematics policies, previously Bell Insurance) Confused.com Diamond Insurance Elephant Gladiator (for commercial vehicles)
  26. Aviva will be behind multiple other companies (lot's of re branding on the market) so it's not as simple as saying 'Aviva dont put prices up' it's just the route you've gone to through them...presumably directly? My Porsche Insurance is Aviva via Marsh and similarly its not risen too much over the last 10 years, however the wife's previous 'Quote Me Happy' (which was also a direct Aviva policy) went up year 1 to year 2 steeply IIRC
  27. Did mine today and has made a noticeable difference which was great. Great write up and easy to follow if not a little tight working upside down in the footwell. Couple of tips that worked for me. I used a small nail that are generally found on electrical clips for house electrics. Fitted well in the hole and didn’t slip through as they have a flat head. Also used a decorators extension pole instead of the clothes line as easy to adjust the length which helped me in lining up the pedal.
  28. I wouldn't touch Admiral with a barge-pole. Just saying...
  29. With Admiral, yes it will probably unravel at renewal, my policy with them for 3 cars nearly doubled at renewal! I rang them to try to get a better deal and got precisely nowhere. At least you've got a good deal this time.
  1. Load more activity