Anyone insured with Lockton??

Insurance due for review end of the month & after phoning current insurers was a bit miffed that premium hadn't gone down a penny even though an extra years ncb etc etc...

So this prompted my to phone around & I gave Lockton a call, mainly because they advertise good rates for PCGB members. Interestingly enough, they beat my renewal & the policy includes agreed valuation, choice of garage for repair, UK / European break down cover & also track day use. The policy looks good value & also nice to have a direct contact instead of call centre etc.

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with Lockton?

I've done a quick google search but not a lot of info out there.

Cheers.

I've got my Carrera 3.2 insured with them and am very happy with the price and policy benefits. I hope I never have to make a judgement on their efficency in the event of a claim, but they certainly come across as a genuine company. I'm not aware of anyone in PCGB having anything bad to say about them.

Having said that, they weren't particularly interested in insuring the Boxster as a daily driver so I went elsewhere for that...

Thanks Chaps.

I think the general 'quality' of the proposition is a bit better with Lockton & it appears they tend to look after the premium market - apparently have tie ups with the Ferrari & Aston owners clubs.

Think I'll give them a try. I've been thinking of changing companies for over a year, well since my 986 got written off as my existing insurers weren't the best to deal with at the time. I guess you only find out how good the company is in these circumstances.

Thanks Chaps.

I think the general 'quality' of the proposition is a bit better with Lockton & it appears they tend to look after the premium market - apparently have tie ups with the Ferrari & Aston owners clubs.

Think I'll give them a try. I've been thinking of changing companies for over a year, well since my 986 got written off as my existing insurers weren't the best to deal with at the time. I guess you only find out how good the company is in these circumstances.

Hi,

I use Locktons on another car we have and the service and contact from them is excellent, no call centre as such,

I would recommend them,

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Chaps.

Hi,

I use Locktons on another car we have and the service and contact from them is excellent, no call centre as such,

I would recommend them,

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the feedback Paul, good to hear.

Think my mind is made up now as I've yet to hear any bad feedback.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread ressurection....

Been happy with the cover / service / price of the Lockton policy over the last couple of years, however there seems to be a fundamental change to the policy this year. Apparently Chubb have moved away from recognising NCB & NCB protection & base the rating purely on driver history. Basically, it looks like their Porsche insurance is now more aligned to a 'classic car' type policy.

I've built up 9 years NCB on this car (with over 15 on my daily driver), now I'm faced with the prospect of this being lost.... Locktons state that they will 'hold' my NCB for me (but I won't acrue any more) which is fine as they will give me a letter to advise that I have 9 years claim free if I decide to move from them in the future. However, if I were to make a claim (fault claim) under the policy then I would lose everything!

Don't quite know which way to go now, options I've got are:

- renew with Locktons, benefits being choice of repairer / agreed value / trackday cover / European cover with breakdown, but potentially lose my 9 years NCB if an at fault claim made or

- go with an ordinary insurance company with market value cover, no choice of repairer but keep my NCB protected.

Anyone else had any experience?

Cheers.

I've just read this thread with interest as I have a new 991 GTS coming and was thinking of giving Locktons a call when delivery is under a month away (quotes generally are valid for a month so pointless asking for one earlier).

I haven't heard of an insurance company that uses a different NCB system, basically it sounds like they are dropping the protected NCB - I wonder if it's something others will shift to?  It sounds a much worse system if one accident wipes out any discount - how do Locktons treat you after one accident? normally a protected NCB will have no penalty for that - it is a problem going elsewhere though as you have to declare it so in reality it does 'load' your premium.

Another insurer I was going to ask is AIB (a sponsor on here), might be worth asking them what they can offer you.  I am with Aviva for our other two cars, and I was with them for the BGTS and have a full NCB waiting to use on the 991, so naturally I will be asking them too as I've found their cover decent and at a competitive price.

Insurance is a minefield, and it seems to be getting worse.  What would be useful is a thread only for those who have made a claim and report who they were with and how they were treated, that would be the best way to assess how good each company is.

I am insured with Locktons, for what I regard as a good price, very good to deal with re setting up the policy ( but not had to claim, hope it stays that way )  car is garaged and on mileage restriction of 5 K. Agreed value with PCGB valuation. No business use. Track day cover, U.K. & European recovery. Inc salvage retention if required. Premium of £306 . Was previously with Manning who wanted to increase it by £70 after the first year as they said they had wrongly quoted the first year as a 2.5 not a 3.2s ! 

If you are not a member of PCGB Manning will pay your first year joining fee and initial membership cost.

• 9 months later...

Archived