wrapping

yeah they will use it as an excuse to charge you a few quid....even on my 1985 n/a diesel landrover, the sponsor stickers i stuck all over the dents put the insurance up by 27 quid - as it "made the vehicle more stealable" trying to explain that you get expelled from the car thieves guild for stealing a b reg diesel landy made no difference of course :)

if you do wrap it, make sure the MOT tester knows its a wrap and puts the original colour on the test details, or the dvla will update the details according to the *new* colour

I can't remember where I read it, but it was along the lines of if the wrap is to left on for more than 6 weeks DVLA need to be informed, its a recent change as it was always classed as temporary.Might be worth an email to them.

I'm pleased you posted the reply as I was starting to think I'd dreamt it or something as I couldn't find the article I'd read anywhere :)

I wonder what will happen to anyone who gets pulled over by plod now it's changed, owners of cars that are already wrapped may not know about the changes so won't inform DVLA, and DVLA won't be able to contact them as they won't have any record of the wrap.

It would seem unfair that if you got your car wrapped before the changes came in to effect did your homework and found you didn't need to contact the dvla then get pulled over by the plod and charged. But in all honestly how many people are going to get pulled over because of this I don't think many are. Saying that I proberbly would

Archived