Can you buy alloy wheel insurance independently?

Hi All

I'm about to buy a Boxster private that has pristine 20" Classic wheels. These will not be cheap to repair!

Does anyone know if you can buy alloy wheel insurance directly anywhere? Most seem tied to buying a car from a garage only.

Any ideas folks?

Ah yes, searching the internet!!! I should have thought of that! :whistle1:

Maybe I should have been a little more verbose in my post....

I've googled this and looked at numerous links. Most sites fail for one of the following reasons

• They only sell policies if you have bought from a dealer (OPC or independent)
  • Your car needs to be <180 days old
  • The car needs to be listed in the Glass' guide. Porsche vehicles are not
  • Diamond cut alloys are excluded (I have Carrera Classics)

Bundled with GAP insurance may be an option, I'll look into that too - but I'm sure that GAP will need to be a dealer purchase too.

Cheers

Hi Tony

I've had wheel/tyre insurance in the same policy in the past, given my wife's love of the kerb, it was worth the money!

I'd take the bundle if it was available.

Incidentally - who did your refurb? Did they re-skim the wheel? or did they touch up with a 'matching paint' (I've seen this done on diamond cut alloys before if its a minor scuff on the rim).

I had some diamond cut Turbo wheels on my 987 done and they had 'blown' just after 3 months...terrible trying to get company to redo them...they did in the end simply because they hadn't told me up front they would only guarantee for a 3 month period and I was insistent to the company owner

Archived