New Car Insurance - need advice

So we are driving the car on the complimentary 7 day cover at present, through Marsh. They have also provided a quote for the "official" Porsche insurance, Marsh quoting Aviva cover.

Also have got more general motor ins cover quotes.

Well my quandry is that altough I am happy with the Marsh (Aviva) quote and the cover offered, I am not happy with the Excess (£430). Asked if it can be reduced to which they said no. I am not happy to pay virtually the same cost of the insurance again if ever I have to claim...

Admiral are providing a more competitive quote with only a £100 excess.

What is important to me is the knowledge that my car, if damaged, is repaired by a Porsche recognised repair shop. Also, I want to be covered in Europe for at least 30 days a year. I do not care for track day cover.

Observations and advice on what I should look out for insurance-wise now I am in the Porsche fold at last.

No mater which insurance you get, any repair garage is of your choice, not your insurers.

They may have 'approved' garages, but you are under no obligation to use any of them.

Dave,

..although they usually remove their underwriters courtesy car (that you pay extra for) as a petty clause should you chose your own repair shop.

Thus you need to either know the repair shop you would chose to do any such work provide a loan car, or add on extra cost to hire your own.

We should be able to help, we have a variety of insurers that will allow you to use your own garage at claim stage. We also can provide more than 30 days EU cover.

If you give us a call on 01635 874646 or click the link in my signature we will call you back.

Archived