Track day insurance

Hi guys,

I was just wondering who best to take track day insurance with?

I'm hoping to have a little drive around Brands Hatch on the 6th May and quotes so far are weighing in between £85 and £100 with about £1000 excess.

Are these quotes 'about right'? I have no points or convictions, have owned the 987S for 2 years and am 26.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check what is actually covered and what level of risk you are prepared to take.

I normally insure with REIS who are excellent and have good cover but more expensive than that normally. Excess at 10% of the cars value.

Take out an annual excess policy for £80 that covers you on all your insurances if your at fault then track day insurance is reasonably priced and also you could be more adventurous on the track knowing your covered in the unlikely case of a prang

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to have a little drive around Brands Hatch on the 6th May and quotes so far are weighing in between £85 and £100 with about £1000 excess.

Are these quotes 'about right'? I have no points or convictions, have owned the 987S for 2 years and am 26.

Thats in line with what I've paid before. Gives a bit of comfort compared to no cover at all. At next renewal, if you're planning on doing a trackday a year (or more) would be worth getting a quote from Competition car insurance. I have mine with them & it covers something like 5 UK trackdays (yeah I wish I was doing that many!) - but with the £1k excess for the date of trackday.

Hi guys,

Thats in line with what I've paid before. Gives a bit of comfort compared to no cover at all. At next renewal, if you're planning on doing a trackday a year (or more) would be worth getting a quote from Competition car insurance. I have mine with them & it covers something like 5 UK trackdays (yeah I wish I was doing that many!) - but with the £1k excess for the date of trackday.

I think this is what I'm going to do; it seems the only realistic way of doing it. I'm going to give Brands Hatch a miss on the 6th I think. Annoyingly, my insurance isn't due for renewal until February so it looks like no track days until then. Never-mind.

February is a long wait - maybe put the saving towards that Capristo fund ! (Would be worth enquiring for a quote to compare current premium. You may find £80 for a one-off trackday is comparable when added to your current cost, against the premium comp car might be asking).

Worth getting a quote from Manning when the time comes - they also offer track day cover as part of their normal road cover.

Archived