Insurance why so much differences?

I was insured with A plan last year and the qoute was very competative, Feb this year i decide not to renew and take car off road for a few months as i dont use it, Now the sun is out i though i will get some prices, A plan was £679, Sky was £560 with special discount, On line with churchhill £530 and i get £50.50 from topcashback making it £480. i am 46 and have 9 years NCB and live in south Yorkshire. So it pays to shop around also you get a lot of cash back for car insurance if you use a cashback company.

Thought I would give some of the site sponsors a go, £525 and 500 excess and £430 and 300 excess quotes.

fully comp,9 years no claims, and 9 bonus points :blush2:

just been on tinternet and got it for £294 and 300 excess," happy days"and

that's £30 cheaper than last year with the same company

did have to start again, as a returning customer it would have been a little more.

so as he Tony says above it pays to shop around :thumbsup_anim:

Tony - Agree on the cash-back - got £50 back from Direct Line last year with Quidco. I don't rely on getting the cash-back in making a purchase decision, but as their's was the cheapest quote with a decent excess, it was a nice bonus when it tracked through and eventually paid out.

Existing insurer wants £365 to continue for another year. Filled in a few 'simple' questions in the interweb and now I'm paying £166!

2 months old 981S, why so much differences?

They appear to base it mostly on postcode.

True - it is a major factor, along with the car, is value, the driver's age, experience and claim history, but most of all with a cheap introductory offer, then 'let's see how much we can raise it before our 'loyal' customer rings us and says they have found a cheaper deal, then we can offer them our 'special' offer. Not that I'm cynical you understand, just a realist.

rpn - that's the most competitive quote I have heard of on a 981. Where do you live? On the Shetland Islands?

I am well chuffed to be paying just under £300 with 2 track days and new for old cover, with Porsche / Aviva

I don't know if all insurers are the same, but when I had an "incident" the car was in to the local Porsche approved bodyshop quickly (without me specifying it) and being repaired by Porsche trained staff, using genuine Porsche body parts and paint. There were no pattern parts, no "matched" paint, it was all OEM.

Archived