All the constant adverts ETC blagging on about PPI Im thinking of looking into it.

Has anyone on here made a claim,I know you can do it yourself but basically can't be bother so looking at getting someone to do it for me.

Have had loans/credit cards/ mortgages for the past 20 odd years so can't remember most of them who they were with.

Im sure I was always quite careful to tick the box not wanting payment protection on the forms.

I know some of the companies take 40% or more commission but I will never have the time to do it myself so will take a hit.

Anybody recommend a company/gone through the process or is it even worth bovering?

Any help ideas greatfuly acepted.

I have just got my brother £3k back from Halifax from his mortgage. He had no idea he was entitled and didn't want to cause a fuss so I had a look at it for him. Very easy to do all the forms are usually available from the lenders website. And being an incredibly generous bloke he insisted on giving me a third of his windfall :)

That's the problem had so many loans credit cards as a youngster can't remember who they all were with.

Some companies have merged ETC,used to bounce a loan amount on a credit card from 0% ones to the next when the term ran out, so have probably have used most of the major lenders!

I got £4k back from MBNA put was lazy and paid a firm to do it :)

im interested in learning more about PPI too, i don't think I've ever knowingly taken out PPI but have had a mortgage for over 20 years + other usual bank loans etc...how would I know If I was due any money back ?

• 3 weeks later...

If you know some basic details, name of business, maybe an account number then you can approach the Financial Ombudsman Service directly, they are helpful and completely free, you'll find most of these companies touting for some of your money, will use them on your behalf if the bank initially says no.

Www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

0300 1239123

Archived