www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
NML

Excess

My policy renewal has come through which is very low but they have bumped my excess up due to the aftermarket zorst.

My excess? £950 so whats yours?

£450 and i wasn't happy about it but it seems to be the norm, so now feel a bit better. B)

£500 Compulsory.

Increased excess = reduced premium

How much are you paying?

I originally had a good cheap quote with swiftcover but found out that they do not guarantee to use OPC or Porsche parts to repair the car in the case of "bad luck". So went with Porsche insurance for a lot more. £680 full comp + business use. The Porsche cover could not increase the excess so £280 was the maximum.

How much are you paying?

I originally had a good cheap quote with swiftcover but found out that they do not guarantee to use OPC or Porsche parts to repair the car in the case of "bad luck". So went with Porsche insurance for a lot more. £680 full comp + business use. The Porsche cover could not increase the excess so £280 was the maximum.

I thought that insurance companies cannot insist on using one of their "half a job" repair shops.

My insurance company tried to pull that one, but I took my car for repair at the OPC bodyshop and they paid the bill.

Mine is 350, just renewed my insurance and input my private plate details and on some sites it was still down as the Box - turns out the Box is now cheaper to insure than Monty!!

How much are you paying?

I thought that insurance companies cannot insist on using one of their "half a job" repair shops.

My insurance company tried to pull that one, but I took my car for repair at the OPC bodyshop and they paid the bill.

I would probably have been fine with Swiftcover. I just spotted the condition in the small print. Called them to check. Call centre confirmed the condition. That is all. Not a fan of things like that in small-print, always believe they can be used against you when you most need the help.

Spending too much time on the internet :whistle:

Or £350 :money: