Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
drago.d

How to: Fog lights as DRL: the Uktinpol 2 hack

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jimson666 said:

Anyone local to Burton fitted the DRL lights done this hack that could help me out?

What do you need help with chap?

happy to talk you through it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimson666 said:

I was reading the hack just a bit nervous about doing it tbh 

It’s actually fairly straightforward. 

1. Remove light switch. Dead easy  

2. Disconnect plug. Dead easy. 

3. Remove wires from the holder. Dead fiddly, managed to snap a piece of plastic. No big deal. 

4. Cut diode to size. Dead easy. 

5. Re-cut diode cause you didn’t do Step 4 properly. Dead easy. 

6. Push diode into existing wires. Dead easy. 

7. Do steps 3, then 2, then 1. Dead easy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jimson666 said:

I was reading the hack just a bit nervous about doing it tbh 

And that's fair I was too....but seriously its an absolute piece of cake. The hardest part is removing the cover of the plug, cut the cable tie off and have a fine flat blade screwdriver to hand. 

6 hours ago, chanlon1 said:

It’s actually fairly straightforward. 

1. Remove light switch. Dead easy  

2. Disconnect plug. Dead easy. 

3. Remove wires from the holder. Dead fiddly, managed to snap a piece of plastic. No big deal. 

4. Cut diode to size. Dead easy. 

5. Re-cut diode cause you didn’t do Step 4 properly. Dead easy. 

6. Push diode into existing wires. Dead easy. 

7. Do steps 3, then 2, then 1. Dead easy. 

Exactly this......including step 5 :):D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just done this mod. Very easy. Worked first time. Took 5 mins.

I have 9 diodes left over if anybody wants a few?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason986S said:

Just done this mod. Very easy. Worked first time. Took 5 mins.

I have 9 diodes left over if anybody wants a few?

Thanks @Jason986S 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 12:31 AM, chanlon1 said:

It’s actually fairly straightforward. 

1. Remove light switch. Dead easy  

2. Disconnect plug. Dead easy. 

3. Remove wires from the holder. Dead fiddly, managed to snap a piece of plastic. No big deal. 

4. Cut diode to size. Dead easy. 

5. Re-cut diode cause you didn’t do Step 4 properly. Dead easy. 

6. Push diode into existing wires. Dead easy. 

7. Do steps 3, then 2, then 1. Dead easy. 

When I did mine I didn't even bother with step 3 just pushed the diode in alongside the wires and it works fine. I did require step 5 though 😁

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason986S said:

Just done this mod. Very easy. Worked first time. Took 5 mins.

I have 9 diodes left over if anybody wants a few?

Yes please if you don't mind. Happy to paypal you the post + cost of diode!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

Yes please if you don't mind. Happy to paypal you the post + cost of diode!

Just PM me your address and i’ll pop a couple in an envelope for you tomorrow. Don’t worry about paying, they cost me about 15p each and I’m happy to help.

Edited by Jason986S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...