Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
topradio

Fitting a GTS rear diffuser to a 981

Recommended Posts

Is the diffuser sold with two parts or three? I've read somewhere that the plastic around the exhaust is separate and also needs to be purchased? I have PSE.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes correct - you don’t get the surround as part of the diffuser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the existing surround does fit. I only purchased the two diffusers and used the original surround. I had my diffs painted gloss black and wish I would have done the surround as well but it still looks good as is. I also changed my front bumper set up to the GTS as I think it looks so much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm. The clip arrangement is a right royal PITA around the exhaust.

I did post some pics but they were lost when the photo sharing app stopped allowing free stuff :( I think I might still have them some where. Another tip especially at this time of year is to keep all the plastic warm. It helps prevent snapping clips and gives you a little more margin to flex stuff without damage.

Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pics have re-appeared 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might help things move but not necessary. Main thing is keep things warm and if your getting frustrated on the first side go and have coffee and cool off and then go back and have another try. It is a straight forward job once you figure out the clips.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roch1969 said:

Yes the existing surround does fit. I only purchased the two diffusers and used the original surround. I had my diffs painted gloss black and wish I would have done the surround as well but it still looks good as is. I also changed my front bumper set up to the GTS as I think it looks so much better. 

@Roch1969 Any pics of the GTS front end and a "How too"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll take some tomorrow as it’s dark outside now. I’m afraid I’ve no idea how to do the front end as I gave it to a body shop. I bought a bare used bumper and then bought all the trims, DRL’s, DRL frames etc from the OPC. Be aware though that all of those extra pieces cost me around £800 (the bumper was cheap at £325). With colour coding/fitting it cost around £2k but I should get back around £400 on my old bumper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roch1969 said:

I’ll take some tomorrow as it’s dark outside now. I’m afraid I’ve no idea how to do the front end as I gave it to a body shop. I bought a bare used bumper and then bought all the trims, DRL’s, DRL frames etc from the OPC. Be aware though that all of those extra pieces cost me around £800 (the bumper was cheap at £325). With colour coding/fitting it cost around £2k but I should get back around £400 on my old bumper. 

Thanks a bit of investment ..... but I bet it looks good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toeside said:

Thanks a bit of investment ..... but I bet it looks good!

Just to clarify, I dug out the spreadsheet and £1,822 was the total overall cost so net will be around £1,400 once I’ve sold my full bumper inc DRL’s etc. Bit manic today so will get some pics over the holidays and post up soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries and no hurry. Have great holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...