Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
MD7

A Plan Insurance

Recommended Posts

 

 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Hario said:

Hi do A-plan provide normal policies which would allow it to be used as my main vehicle with street parking?

Unsure as I thought they were a classic policy only insurer (garaged only) etc.

 

regards

Harry

Hi Hario!

As CMA replied, yes we do! We also do Van and Bike as well as Home and Landlords :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, looking through this old thread, the general consensus I’ve picked-up seems to be that A-Plan are a decent outfit?

I’m renewing my insurance for the 3rd time on my BGTS, first year was with M***ings, second year with AS F**x.

Very happy with both previous insurers, but renewal with current insurer is up by about £100 - with no motoring convictions, accidents/claims or modifications or change of address etc to justify the increase.

Can’t get through to L**kt*ns who are a PCGB partner, and M***nings to be fair are at least consistent with what they’d quoted last year, but still several hundred ££’s adrift from where I am.

A-Plan have just given me a very palatable quote - that’s before I read here they’ll offer some discount for BoXa.net members - and having discussed level of cover etc on the phone, I’m heading towards renewing with them - even if Fl*x suddenly “lose” the additional £100 proposed renewal, for retaining my business. I value any company that will work hard to offer their most competitive rates from the off, without requiring a lengthy to & fro to get there.

 

Reading this thread, doesn’t look like I have anything to worry about going with A-Plan?

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Hi all, looking through this old thread, the general consensus I’ve picked-up seems to be that A-Plan are a decent outfit?

I’m renewing my insurance for the 3rd time on my BGTS, first year was with M***ings, second year with AS F**x.

Very happy with both previous insurers, but renewal with current insurer is up by about £100 - with no motoring convictions, accidents/claims or modifications or change of address etc to justify the increase.

Can’t get through to L**kt*ns who are a PCGB partner, and M***nings to be fair are at least consistent with what they’d quoted last year, but still several hundred ££’s adrift from where I am.

A-Plan have just given me a very palatable quote - that’s before I read here they’ll offer some discount for BoXa.net members - and having discussed level of cover etc on the phone, I’m heading towards renewing with them - even if Fl*x suddenly “lose” the additional £100 proposed renewal, for retaining my business. I value any company that will work hard to offer their most competitive rates from the off, without requiring a lengthy to & fro to get there.

 

Reading this thread, doesn’t look like I have anything to worry about going with A-Plan?

David

Have used them consistently for the last few years - I insure a couple of heavily modified P cars with them and they always manage to find proper cover for sensible money given the context of the modifications/on street parking/full work use including customers in the car (not a Taxi) and higher than average mileages. 

Not had to claim yet but they’ve been very responsive on thevodd occasion where I’ve not been 100% about something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @map, good to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Reading this thread, doesn’t look like I have anything to worry about going with A-Plan?

Used them a fair bit with the kit cars I had. Never had an issue. Also used them for my Audi, very competitive quote and then I had to claim a non fault accident 3 years ago (my car was parked when hit) put into their claim process and passed to a claims handling company, not sure if part of APlan or not. Very efficient and smooth process to resolve for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @CMA, noticed your comment from Dec 16 within this thread.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Thanks @CMA, noticed your comment from Dec 16 within this thread.

Oh yeah....oops, thought this was a new thread, didn't see page 1... note to self "Read the page properly before replying" 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have 3 cars and house insured through A-Plan. Consistently good quotes often bettering the premium of the year before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone specific to speak to at A-Plan?

Getting stupid quotes off compare the market so looking to speak to someone to get a decent quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t help me this time as I need a years experience driving a similar car... 

Apparently I need a years experience driving a similar car so 6 months in a macan doesn’t qualify nor 3 years in an Audi A4 with a 3 litre petrol engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexW said:

Couldn’t help me this time as I need a years experience driving a similar car... 

Apparently I need a years experience driving a similar car so 6 months in a macan doesn’t qualify nor 3 years in an Audi A4 with a 3 litre petrol engine

Surprised to see this - might be worth another word and ask them to go to their underwriters for a specific review/decision.  You may need to push a bit  

They did this for me to get my bizarre cover requirements in place and that direct approach on my behalf worked well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I’ve just bitten the bullet and went with LVE for £595 for me and my partner. 

Couldn’t be arsed faffing about 🙄 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed your avatar, your partner looks lovely.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Thatcham team have insured our cars for years, apart from a weird time with a V8 Discovery 3 that they were really pricey on. Rang them first when the Boxster was bought and the premium was £350 or so, didn't even think about ringing around at that point.  Didn't know about the discount then... Doh!

I have also had to make a claim in the past and they were dead easy to deal with, I recommend them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...