www.BoXa.net
Ginster

Stay logged into the forum

Anyone know if there's a way to prevent being logged out of the forum every half hour? 

Cheers

I don't find that happens, but it is annoying that I have to log-in again every time I change devices.

I don't get logged out every half an hour or when I swap between devices. Just sat here with my iPhone, laptop and tablet all logged in with no problems.  

But I do have to log in (with cached credentials so it's no hardship) for no apparent reason sometimes.  No idea what triggers that. Probably not happened to me for a week though. 

So we have three different scenarios triggering a login request so far... No consistency!

6 minutes ago, Ginster said:

Anyone know if there's a way to prevent being logged out of the forum every half hour? 

Cheers

That's odd.  Like @rowbos, I'm logged in on two devices (tablet and laptop) and only rarely get logged out on the laptop (lack of use?) and never on the tablet.

If I try to access  tomorrow at work from a different IP address I will probably have to log-in again. It doesn't always happen though and sometimes I can go for days swapping over access points / devices without being logged out.

Is being logged out every 30 minutes anything to do with the security settings on your device?  Just a thought...

Just disabled my iPhone wireless to force it to use 4G and a different ip address.  All my devices are still working merrily.  Strange one.  

Thanks for comments guys......I'm using safari on iPad.  I've looked at security settings and can't see anything obvious that I need to change....

Not had a problem on iPad or iPhone for a while

Logging in on second device does log me out on the other. Thought that was normal until I read this thread. Wonder why it does that? Fortunately don't have the irritation of auto log out every 30mins!

Sometimes logging in on another device logs me out of another, sometimes it doesn't. No idea who when or why,

In my andriod/win 10 world no problems here

33 minutes ago, Southy said:

In my andriod/win 10 world no problems here

Snap. 

And I though apple 'just worked'   ;)

I stay logged in if I use either Safari on iPhone/iPad, Windows 10 Chrome on laptop or Chrome on Win 7 PC...

If I switch from one device to another I have to log in, then find I am logged out of the previous device if I return....must be IP addresses or something?

On 20/02/2017 at 10:26 PM, topradio said:

If I try to access  tomorrow at work from a different IP address I will probably have to log-in again. It doesn't always happen though and sometimes I can go for days swapping over access points / devices without being logged out.

+1

On 20/02/2017 at 10:37 PM, Ginster said:

Thanks for comments guys......I'm using safari on iPad.  I've looked at security settings and can't see anything obvious that I need to change....

Mine only logs me out if I clear the History!