www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Andy526rt

Another thumbs up for Revolution

I owe a post to Russ and the Guys and Revolution....

I had a service done by the guys in June last year (well, service plus aircon rads and a carnewal fitted :icecream:), but the guys pointed out a few things that needed fixing on a 90k mile 2005 car, namely some corroded brake pipes, some perished rubber water pipes and an RMS oil leak - not something they could fix in the few hours I could let them have the motor. 

Revolution is not my nearest independent by a long shot - I'm based in Southend on Sea, Essex, and it's a 450 mile round trip.  But, I've used them a few times before, and to be honest, their service and pricing means I'm willing to make the long trip to get the car up to them.

Well, I finally got round to getting the car back up a few weeks ago, managing to tie in one leg of the trip with my a trip to my daughters prospective university in Sheffield - well, as I said to SWMBO it's all that direction!

So, a single trip up to drop the car off (and a cheap train fare back to London - £23 if booked in advance!), and the guys had a week to sort the motor...  well, on taking out the gearbox to replace the RMS, Russ also recommended I changed the clutch - more £££, but clearly one of those jobs to do whilst the car in in open heart surgery!

On picking up the car, I couldn't believe the difference - the new clutch made the pedal so much lighter!  And I now know that all the major bits of the car are done, so hopefully no major bills before the next service!

So, thanks Gents - another great job, great service and a very happy customer from the South.  And for those who think it's too far away, I'd say that with a bit of advanced planning with trains, you can save yourself a small fortune versus garage prices in the south - highly recommended!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this