Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
Mr96er

Sub £3.5k Boxsters: Share your bargain buys

Recommended Posts

Damn, 

like the look of that for a cheap Boxster S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Southy said:

something like this?

7811861-german-soldier-with-flame-throwe

Lol. Looks like he has blown the end of his nozzle off!:laughingsmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Lol. Looks like he has blown the end of his nozzle off!:laughingsmiley:

Wouldn't want to be either in front or behind that!

 

57 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

Damn, 

like the look of that for a cheap Boxster S

I'd love a battle damaged boxster no parking stress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Southy said:

 

 

I'd love a battle damaged boxster no parking stress 

Or “B Road fragility” mindset. As Magnus Walker says, get out and drive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just (re)joined the sub £3.5k club! 

I had a 986 back in 2014, and always regretted selling it. 

Really pleased with my bargain buy 2000 2.7 with 101k miles and FSH. Been looked after mechanically, but paintwork needs some TLC. Looking forward to getting my hands dirty with a DIY major service (for my own piece of mind).

Will now be lurking around here a lot!

EBDA2357-25E9-48AB-8645-BFD969F59F8F.jpeg

DB324BAF-8431-4880-A9FF-43638471F012.jpeg

Edited by anth.payne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, anth.payne said:

I’ve just (re)joined the sub £3.5k club! 

I had a 986 back in 2014, and always regretted selling it. 

Really pleased with my bargain buy 2000 2.7 with 101k miles and FSH. Been looked after mechanically, but paintwork needs some TLC. Looking forward to getting my hands dirty with a DIY major service (for my own piece of mind).

Will now be lurking around here a lot!

EBDA2357-25E9-48AB-8645-BFD969F59F8F.jpeg

DB324BAF-8431-4880-A9FF-43638471F012.jpeg

Superb!! 

Great news on re joining the fold. I strayed and returned also... it is written.

Any obvious learns yet or does it feel as solid as represented. Like the wheels! Love the 2.7! Super donkey (to quote @bagss2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super donkey ...love it!

So far so good! Idle doesn’t seem perfect, but will get it services. Using it daily just now whilst my daily driver is waiting on it service. 

I love the 2.7’s. I dunno what it is but I just feel like I can push it much harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 8:48 PM, anth.payne said:

Super donkey ...love it!

tenor.gif?itemid=3683669

...I love the 2.7’s. I dunno what it is but I just feel like I can push it much harder. 

I absolutely feel the same way! I’ve had 2.5 and 3.2S, and without a doubt, the 2.7 is my sweet spot! 

@986CKY was shocked at how hard I rev mine when he joined me for a run out. I think back to the 1973 RS, same displacement, comparable power and they call it legend! Who needs more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Loz987 said:

I absolutely feel the same way! I’ve had 2.5 and 3.2S, and without a doubt, the 2.7 is my sweet spot! 

@986CKY was shocked at how hard I rev mine when he joined me for a run out. I think back to the 1973 RS, same displacement, comparable power and they call it legend! Who needs more?

I found an extra 50bhp that day 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Loz987 said:

I absolutely feel the same way! I’ve had 2.5 and 3.2S, and without a doubt, the 2.7 is my sweet spot! 

@986CKY was shocked at how hard I rev mine when he joined me for a run out. I think back to the 1973 RS, same displacement, comparable power and they call it legend! Who needs more?

 

1 hour ago, 986CKY said:

I found an extra 50bhp that day 😂

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this vid dersrves an airing as it celebrates the venerable 986. I’m not condoning the foul language or the driving on public roads. I’m more interested in the views on the Boxster and how much value it represents.

https://youtu.be/q8PhFFVDGb4

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sub £3.5K but why would you spend £7.5 on its last service then trade it for probably £4.5? Not sure if I like the wheels but its now had a lot of potential sh1t sorted for the next owner.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042991665?sort=price-asc&postcode=kt168el&make=PORSCHE&radius=1500&model=BOXSTER&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=60000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Not sub £3.5K but why would you spend £7.5 on its last service then trade it for probably £4.5? Not sure if I like the wheels but its now had a lot of potential sh1t sorted for the next owner.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042991665?sort=price-asc&postcode=kt168el&make=PORSCHE&radius=1500&model=BOXSTER&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=60000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

I agree.

Invoice is dated Aug 16. A lot can happen to someone in two years and suddenly you need money, quickly. I think that is a great buy, its not very tidy, needs sprucing up by an enthusiast then could be really good. Wind deflector missing.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, Loz987 said:

I think this vid dersrves an airing as it celebrates the venerable 986. I’m not condoning the foul language or the driving on public roads. I’m more interested in the views on the Boxster and how much value it represents.

https://youtu.be/q8PhFFVDGb4

 

 

Great clip Loz, I was expecting much worse language, only one "F" FFS good job I was commentating, nothing would be useable. F..ing amatuer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

986 on a 98vintage 2.5

With 126,000 on clock good service history bit of paintwork needed roof light on but shuts correctly

Paid £2340+350 trade in mk1tt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, Chukkieegg said:

986 on a 98vintage 2.5

With 126,000 on clock good service history bit of paintwork needed roof light on but shuts correctly

Paid £2340+350 trade in mk1tt

Pictures?

AaS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, Chukkieegg said:

986 on a 98vintage 2.5

With 126,000 on clock good service history bit of paintwork needed roof light on but shuts correctly

Paid £2340+350 trade in mk1tt

That’s where my obsession started. Welcome to the fold👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, Loz987 said:

I think this vid dersrves an airing as it celebrates the venerable 986. I’m not condoning the foul language or the driving on public roads. I’m more interested in the views on the Boxster and how much value it represents.

https://youtu.be/q8PhFFVDGb4

 

 

That’s a great video, cheers Loz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

New to Porsche ownership and new to the forum. 

Bought a 2002 Boxster 986 2.7 228bhp from someone at work who bought it on a whim and gave him just £2k for it! It had done 156k when I got it in November and came with loads of history (mostly opc). 

Ive spent about £700 so far on niggly things as I’m quite particular as I’m in the Motor Trade:

Replaced Rear Shocks, 2 new front top mounts, drop links all round, 2 track rod ends and a new door latch as the passenger window had a mind of its own. 

Only real problem left to sort is the central locking not working. Tried all the obvious things. Receipts with the car for 2 new keys a couple years ago but can only open with the key, which is a pain.  

Loving it though!

4764CA17-E472-49CC-AABC-BFCDECEF1856.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markm986 said:

Hi All,

New to Porsche ownership and new to the forum. 

Bought a 2002 Boxster 986 2.7 228bhp from someone at work who bought it on a whim and gave him just £2k for it! It had done 156k when I got it in November and came with loads of history (mostly opc). 

Ive spent about £700 so far on niggly things as I’m quite particular as I’m in the Motor Trade:

Replaced Rear Shocks, 2 new front top mounts, drop links all round, 2 track rod ends and a new door latch as the passenger window had a mind of its own. 

Only real problem left to sort is the central locking not working. Tried all the obvious things. Receipts with the car for 2 new keys a couple years ago but can only open with the key, which is a pain.  

Loving it though!

4764CA17-E472-49CC-AABC-BFCDECEF1856.jpeg

Very nice buy👍🥂🍾

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, please don't think this is a daft statement but try the button on the dash to see whether its the keys as they are common to fail.

 

good luck 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nickyg63 said:

hi, please don't think this is a daft statement but try the button on the dash to see whether its the keys as they are common to fail.

 

good luck 

Hi,

Appreciate the info. when I unlock with the key only the drivers door unlocks, I then need to turn the ignition on or the alarm goes off. I can then put the key back in and unlock the rear of the doors, at this point the dash lock button works. If I don’t do this the red light stays on on the dash button and it does nothing. 

Hope that makes sense?

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this on an old Boxster. 

@Revolution Porsche sold me a key programmed to my car for a good price. It solved the problem for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Markm, start a new thread in Running Reports so people can appreciate your car and work fully :)  It's got the best wheels!

If you need a new key it is unlikely you'll get one for less than £150 and probably more like £200.  It's one of the things we haven't found a cheap way around yet.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:18 PM, Loz987 said:

I’m slowly working on turning my £3500 BOXSTER into a £5k BOXSTER...

 

 

the good news is it’s only costing £1500! ?

Must be the company I’m keeping....??‍♂

 

sound man maths :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...