www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
steveyvuk

981 original (non PSE exhaust)

A question for the community:

My 981 Boxster due with me imminently, see prior post! :bana:

However I asked the dealer if I could keep the original exhaust (Porsche Bristol) as I've had PSE retrofitted, they have said fine but want £120 to p&p it for me (dealership is a good few hours drive for me and they couldn't fit it in the Boxster on delivery!).

Sounds a bit steep to me, but I guess they want a few £ for their time...

I'm just wondering if the forum thinks it's worth it? looking at eBay prices a second hand exhaust is maybe worth ~ £200 ish, I am unlikely to return it to stock when I own it, I'm not sure it's worth paying that to retain it....!

On another note, if anyone is doing a Cribbs Causeway to Southampton trip any time soon and fancies collecting it, I'm happy to pay £50 for someone to collect it for me! (the price I expected to pay for postage)...

Thoughts.....

The original exhaust will fit in the passenger side of a boxster, just have to be very careful so not to mark anything.

Personally I would say dont bother if thats the only way to get the old exhaust back. They are not that easy to sell as not many require replacement parts yet unless they want one to modify.

Yes they will fit in passenger seat with some blankets between them.   As said the S/h value isn’t great but it does open the prospect of maybe getting it modded by Carnwell (or similar) if you decided you wanted something different,  or what if you hate the PSE? (Unlikely).

I'd keep it. If you can' take it home with you I'd be asking them to pack it in the box retained from your new pse and then send your own courier to collect if that's an option. That way they don' have to worry about damage and insurance.

Didn't bother to keep mine, already have two back boxes for our other car in the loft, there is a limit to hoarding ;)

Thanks, I'm tending towards agreeing if its going to cost that much, I'm happy to pay £40 - 50 and we all know darn well that I'll just end up taking it to the skip one day in the future....

Would it not be good for someone who wants to get a Carnewal conversion done?

Offer it on here for some beer money (or a contribution to the forum if you dont want anything out of it?) and buyer arranges collection/courier to wherever they want it to go to?

Edited by Stuart21UK

I could pick it up on Wednesday as passing the OPC in my Passat estate? I often work in Portsmouth and the surrounding area so a little detour for beer tokens would be ok. Let me know. 

I did the same but Portsmouth OPC delivered it for free

I sold the tips but there was no interest in the boxes. Not even from 2nd hand parts dealers. 

So at £120 to deliver. Personally I’d not bother

On 11/11/2017 at 7:39 AM, Jason986S said:

I could pick it up on Wednesday as passing the OPC in my Passat estate? I often work in Portsmouth and the surrounding area so a little detour for beer tokens would be ok. Let me know. 

Thank you for offering, however the dealer has now offered to get someone to drop them off for me, they were late delivering the car after I'd rearranged many things to be at home when they said they 'would' deliver it, so it gave me some leverage....