www.BoXa.net
Patt

Premature sale/hand back under OPC finance ?

33 minutes ago, Patt said:

Thanks John, and indeed all of you for the positive support, it really is appreciated.

My negotiations are going very well, although they won't confirm anything until the consultation period has finished. 

I can't get them to carry over my (already agreed ) holiday in January, so looks like the latest I'll be leaving is the end of December.  No biggy as I'd only lose £230 worse off versus 24 days paid holiday !

What is more important is that, subject to finding a new role quickly, I could in fact now pay off Alice completely with the payoff.

I'm still worried for the impending doom of no income, but at least I have the potential of a reasonable cushion

That sounds a bit more positive mate, hope it comes good in the end. 

3 hours ago, Patt said:

Thanks John, and indeed all of you for the positive support, it really is appreciated.

My negotiations are going very well, although they won't confirm anything until the consultation period has finished. 

I can't get them to carry over my (already agreed ) holiday in January, so looks like the latest I'll be leaving is the end of December.  No biggy as I'd only lose £230 worse off versus 24 days paid holiday !

What is more important is that, subject to finding a new role quickly, I could in fact now pay off Alice completely with the payoff.

I'm still worried for the impending doom of no income, but at least I have the potential of a reasonable cushion

Good to hear Patt, look forward to see you Sunday week.

3 hours ago, Patt said:

Might want to keep some liquidity for a while, for other expenses, and just continue paying the monthly payment on the car until things become more clear.

Best of luck, I've dodged a bullet a few times now.  Not nice at all.

Edited by Skidd

indeed , I'll be holding on every penny until I have a new job.  Only then I can make the decisions on what to pay off/over pay.

Although I may have to visit the Tequipment book for a wee "Christmas pressie" ;-)

• Haha 1

Thought my world had caved in 5 years ago when made redundant after 32 years, 6 months of hell in a low paid job where I could not cover my outgoings without having to dip into my redundancy payment. Then I landed a better paying job than my original with a better shift pattern. 6 months as a temp, then full time position. Being made redundant turned out to be the best thing that has happened to me in my working life, bizarrely enough.

Hopefully you will have the same outcome, my only advice is to take any job you can get, then from that position look to get back to your original level and hopefully that redundancy money becomes a bonus.

Best of luck!

Edited by Scubaregs

Good luck Patt.  I have been through this process twice now in my career - and both times I ended up in a better situation and with a cash balance from the redundancy package - so hopefully you fare well in the end mate.

Patt, Glad to hear things look a little more positive.👍

Remember it's the job that became redundant not you. Your talents and skills will find a job elsewhere. Good luck.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this Patt.  The industry I work in is very volatile and I've been under the threat of redundancy 3 times in 8 years.  Although I've managed to hold on I sometimes wish I hadn't.  Every single colleague (without exception) that I've seen go has ended up in a better position with a nice pot of cash.  I'm sure the same will happen to you.

sorry to hear this Patt, hope you find something and quickly. It's a curse of modern living that redundancies are a fact of life