www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
thanatoid

Stunned - in a good way

Admiral multicar policy with VW Jetta 1.6tdi Bluemotion, BMW 535d M-Sport, the policy renewal date is August 2019 so any additional car runs from nowish till then, so not a full year.

Hadn't moved the Boxster onto the multicar yet cos renewal hadn't come around, have ten years protected no claims, added legal claims service, car is kept in a garage and only about 6,000 miles a year.

Current insurers sent renewal doc with £489 but over the page that grew to £531 with add on Legal Expenses, this sort of figure is kinda what was expecting.

Ten mins on the phone to add third car, had to have him repeat it because first off I thought that was the legal expenses add on....

£81.98

Still shocked, I know it's only till next August, so not a full year... but I mean!!!

Stunned :-)

Cost me less than £4 a month to change from the GT86 to the Boxster on my Aviva multi car policy with my mini DD.

When I bought the mini and changed to Aviva I was paying less for it and the GT86 than I had been paying more than for the GT86 alone.

It will be correct lol, I could not believe it was only costing £48 a year more for a Porsche.

i moved from a 987 to a 981 with a big difference in valuations . . guess how much extra i had to pay my insurance company for the pleasure ..

£00.00  extra . :woot:

2 hours ago, fat haggis said:

i moved from a 987 to a 981 with a big difference in valuations . . guess how much extra i had to pay my insurance company for the pleasure ..

£00.00  extra . :woot:

I did better than that in 2013 I moved from a £10000 987 2.7 with 245 bhp to a 981S worth near £60000 and 315 bhp and the premium went down £100 odd quid (even after the mid term admin fee) - so they refunded me when I switched car less than 2 months after renewal

I've just bought a 2005 987 and added it to my Aviva multicar policy.

I now have 5 cars on the policy:

- 2016 Audi TTS

- 2013 Merc 250 CLS Shooting Brake

- 2007 VW T5 2.5tdi campervan with pop top roof

- 2001 Merc 230 SLK

Total premium including legal cover, protected NCD and breakdown cover....£754!!!

I paid more than that 30 years ago for my insurance on a 1.1 Fiesta!