www.BoXa.net
jonnyp

Cruise Retrofit performance

I’m just about to bite the bullet and get cruise control retrofitted to my tiptronic 987.1.  Any views on how good it is in action? i.e. does is adjust the gears to maintain set speed when going up/down hill? or am I being overly optimistic? 

dont know about the .1 but the .2 with pdk is documented to perform downshifts when going downhill to maintain a set speed, but I think engine braking is more applicable to the pdk than the tip. 

I recently got the Cruise Control Retrofit on my 2006 Boxster S (Manual). The Cruise Control does reduce the throttle but I am pretty sure it doesn't apply brakes to slow down.

Really glad I got the Retrofit. Would definitely recommend it.

Hope this helps?

Best wishes,

On 4/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, jonnyp said:

I’m just about to bite the bullet and get cruise control retrofitted to my tiptronic 987.1.  Any views on how good it is in action? i.e. does is adjust the gears to maintain set speed when going up/down hill? or am I being overly optimistic? 

Cruise works just the same as you moving the throttle pedal to maintain a constant speed. If the auto needs to change up or down, it will.

1 hour ago, spyderclub said:

am I the only one who wants to remove the cruise control as I think the extra stalk is ugly 

Almost certainly! Easy enough to disconnect if you're serious and there are plenty who would bite your hand off for it. 

9 hours ago, spyderclub said:

I wonder if it needs coding after i disconnect it?

That's probably a question @Richard Hamilton can answer.

11 hours ago, spyderclub said:

I wonder if it needs coding after i disconnect it?

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

That's probably a question @Richard Hamilton can answer.

If you don't code it out of the system you will get error codes in various modules.  You probably won't get warning messages on the dash though.