www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
RickLS7

Another window microswitch issue

I have a drivers door microswitch issue, when I open the door the window sometimes doesn’t stay down.  It raises into the fully closed position and catches the frame when you close the door.

Anyone know which microswitch needs replacing?  There’s the normal culprit on the door handle but I’m thinking it’s perhaps the door position microswitch.  The window is returning to the closed position because it’s being told the door is closed??

Anyone else had the same?

Replace the lock. Very common so a search should find threads on here. 

Does your interior light go out when the fault occurs? (this may help prove your theory that the system thinks your door is closed).  I had issues with my window not dropping at all using either the interior or exterior handle and I noticed my interior light didn't illuminate when opening this door but did with the other (my alarm also 'beep beeped' like road runner when unlocking).  I replaced the door latch with a used one from eBay and this cured the problem for me :)

Microswitch in the lock not detecting the door lock is unlatched.

Thanks for the replies, keep meaning to see if the interior light is functioning.  Trouble is it's an intermittent fault, didn't do it once today.

It did it once today and the window went up as soon as I let go of the handle and the interior light didn't come on. 

Just need to find where the door position microswitch lives now.

• Like 1

The switch which senses if the door is open or closed has the blue and red wires connected, as shown in the photo.  The other 4 switches are inside the lock mechanism.

door_open-closed_microswitch.jpg

You could try my "fix". Using WD40 or Plusgas, bypass the external window seal above the lock and spray down on the lock. Allow it to do its work then shock the lock (e.g. closing on a screwdriver or tapping the lock bolts with a hammer) to free the sticking microswitch. Worked on mine after two days and hasn't stuck since (couple of months). Worth a try!

Thanks guys, that's a big help.  Doesn't do it very often so it may be fixable but will probably get a replacement unit.