www.BoXa.net
Mr96er

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!

It’s cheaper to insure my 911 on the drive than my Boxster in the garage! 

How does that even work? 

Statistically you are more likely to have an accident getting your car in and out of a garage than any other parking place. 

I should know, my dad drove right through our garage one night. It was wooden and was replaced with a brick payed for by insurance. 

I questioned an insurance company on this point and was told that things: cycles, motorcycles, paint tins, planks, boxes, get dropped on cars when in garages. Higher risk = higher premium.

It also depends on area! So, not saying blame your neighbours but... if there's more garage claims in your area than driveway claims it can effect stats in which your insurance premium is calculated. So some areas will still have a lower premium if garaged.

Reversing in and out of garages, opening car doors onto garage walls getting in and out, misjudging the length of the garage (my neighbour used to hang a tennis ball that would hit the back window when reversing in, I used to laugh but it's quite ingenious lol) that being said... if you have a good broker and you say it's garaged but have a driveway then they should look at both drive and garage and advise accordingly - not all brokerage services are advised like ours though, many are a non advised service so go by exactly what you ask for without an actual discussion of cover as such... we sit hours and hours of exams to be able to offer advise.

Carlie

• Thanks 2

Thanks, that’s really interesting. I specifically saught out a home with a garage knowing that Boxsters would be living there. Guess next time around I’ll do a bit more research. I also enjoy the practically of a garage. I have way to much junk in mine though. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, Darkstar said:

It was wooden and was replaced with a brick payed for by insurance. 

*Pay's excess 

Insurance company: "Here's a brick" 

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, Mr96er said:

It’s cheaper to insure my 911 on the drive than my Boxster in the garage! 

48384936251_0ef7e3f2c4_b.jpg

How does that even work? 

Porsche tax.

A premium for one Porsche, but then the insurance company gets really greedy if you have two.... 😂

Wondering if I might reduce my tax liability...🤔

1. Who in their right mind is going to nick a 996.😗

2. Typically driven by older sensible types.

The exhausts are helping reduce the risk of it being pinched 😉