www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
alank

PSE for 2013. S

Just got a price for a PSE for a 2013  S today from local  Porsche ,.  £2650. Phew!!

That sounds about right

I was quoted £2,300 that was with tips, (if not fitted) from Cardiff OPC

Guvs.

Edited by Guvs

1 hour ago, bandit_287 said:

Ask a few other OPC’s, you’ll get it cheaper than that.

I'd suggest asking around as well - particularly from OPC's under different ownership. Every so often some of them seem to have a sales campaign offering it at a reduced price - in 2016 I had an email (along with some others on here I think) from OPC Guildford* offering PSE for a 981S for £1,650 incl fitting and VAT.

* who I wouldn't expect to be the cheapest btw - eg despite being owned by Porsche GB, they don't honour the Porsche 'fixed price servicing' prices.

1 hour ago, Jon61 said:

2016 I had an email (along with some others on here I think) from OPC Guildford* offering PSE for a 981S for £1,650 incl fitting and VAT.

I remember that but I haven’t seen anything as good since.

3 hours ago, alank said:

Just got a price for a PSE for a 2013  S today from local  Porsche ,.  £2650. Phew!!

Ask for the price for a PCGB member, should get 10% off that price.

Mine in April off Wolves OPC was £2360 with tips - its the dogs wotsits- worth every penny . Is it my imagination but does the car perform better with it - or am driving the car like i stole it more often 😂😂

41 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

Mine in April off Wolves OPC was £2360 with tips - its the dogs wotsits- worth every penny . Is it my imagination but does the car perform better with it - or am driving the car like i stole it more often 😂😂

Hi Adrain.

I agree totally with what you just said 100%.

Guvs.

I price matched about ten dealer a few months back, 1790 was the cheapest I got

zaga

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

I remember that but I haven’t seen anything as good since.

No, I haven't had an offer like it since either, but I mentioned it to illustrate that even OPCs do deals on occasions from the substantial margins there must be in their 'standard' prices, so a bit of haggling could pay dividends - hence @zagamuffin's price not far above the 2016 offer.

13 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Zagamuffin - would you care to divulge which OPC offered that price? I'm sure people would be interested to know if you feel you can ... (of course, it may be in the Emerald Isle ... I'm assuming the price you mentioned was in £ though?)

2 hours ago, Jon61 said:

No, I haven't had an offer like it since either, but I mentioned it to illustrate that even OPCs do deals on occasions from the substantial margins there must be in their 'standard' prices, so a bit of haggling could pay dividends - hence @zagamuffin's price not far above the 2016 offer.

Zagamuffin - would you care to divulge which OPC offered that price? I'm sure people would be interested to know if you feel you can ... (of course, it may be in the Emerald Isle ... I'm assuming the price you mentioned was in £ though?)

No probs passing on but infos on work computer and won’t be back in office till Friday, quote in stg yes...

Look at independents as there labour is around 70 an hour not the 200 plus vat from opc,s

At nearly 2 1/2 k i would be pushing the limits on value for money though

Edited by MIkeyv60

16 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

zaga

Was that with tips?

Breakdown of parts prices exhaust £1200 switch bank £200 and tips £400

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Was that with tips?

Breakdown of parts prices exhaust £1200 switch bank £200 and tips £400

And that's without labour I take it ?

Guvs.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, alank said:

Worth every penny though :) £1600ish is the lowest you'd find if very lucky as thats about the cost to the dealer to get the parts. I negotiated mine into my purchase so they had some wriggle room on the price to absorb any loss. 

Having driven mine without the PSE for a week before they could get it booked in to fit I will never own another 981 without it. It was so flat, dull and quiet, which some may prefer. CHanged the car having it fitted, plenty of smiles :)

16 hours ago, Guvs said:

And that's without labour I take it ?

Guvs.

Yep just parts they say 3 to 4 hrs to fit

Presumably though there is a significant margin in those parts prices, which is why an OPC can afford to (only if they wish to, or course) give a significant discount on the official fitted price, especially if they're prepared to also cut the margin in their ridiculous labour rates. An Indy will have lower labour charges, but then you'd presumably have to pay full whack for the parts (which seem to comprise about 2/3 of the fitted price).

49 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Presumably though there is a significant margin in those parts prices, which is why an OPC can afford to (only if they wish to, or course) give a significant discount on the official fitted price, especially if they're prepared to also cut the margin in their ridiculous labour rates. An Indy will have lower labour charges, but then you'd presumably have to pay full whack for the parts (which seem to comprise about 2/3 of the fitted price).

I would think that if they had them.in stock at the time too. When i looked into having mine done the opc said non consumables arent held in stock anymore and all are ordered in

Edited by MIkeyv60

On 9/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, zagamuffin said:

zaga

porsche cambridge was he cheapest but they forgot to add the switch to the 1790 so this is revised plus said they would do 10% discount for club member or not 

You will need the exhaust system, the switch and the update. The total cost for these items and fitting is £1983.22 inc VAT. You will be able to put the tips you have at the moment onto this new one . so back to mid 1700s , mollys the contact

porsche east london

If you have already for sports tailpipes fitted then to supply and fit only the sports exhaust system you are looking at circa £2000 inc VAT.

all the rest were a lot dearer 

There’s 25+ different parts for the PSE install, on top of those already mentioned there is a vacuum solenoid/switch which gets installed on the engine, vacuum pipes and connectors, wiring, clips, bolts etc etc.  I assume East London have allowed for all those.

What about an aftermarket system that always on rather than button operated..  Could be removed as and when you sell the car too.

ive been eyeing up Carnewal exhaust system.  Need to get some feedback on how loud it is my main concern is its very loud all the time.  Lol not sure if thats going to bother me