www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
toocan

718 Cayman GTS PDK

Had one of these for a couple of days last week while the 981s was in for a service. Id say the chasis and handling feels more nimble/better than a 981, not a huge amount but noticeable sharper.. Im not sure if it was the PDK or the engine note but there is much less drama, a more refined car. Super competent, arguable too competent. Overall the sheer brilliance after a while just dulls the drama and it left me feeling all a bit underwhelmed after a while.  Maybe a manual would be a good option, or maybe im just not the right fit for it... the search for the next car continues

45 minutes ago, toocan said:

Super competent, arguable too competent. Overall the sheer brilliance after a while just dulls the drama and it left me feeling all a bit underwhelmed after a while.

I always remember a late 80s review of the Porsche 959 saying it was actually too perfect.  I think it was then I understood that "character" meant "faults".

Yeah I kinda get that, quirkiness.

I think its more performance with the GTS you cant get any 'quirks' out of it outside of a track maybe as whatever you throw at it good or bad driving it just corrects and perfects...