Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
718as

Nice GTS with Buckets

Recommended Posts

Very smart, wonder how it has ended up in a Mazda dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems keenly priced. And just had a look on AT - GTSs vary from this one at £44K to as much as £58K.Seems like an enormous range to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to have been sitting around, 26k in august 17, 26k in april 18 and now just 28k on the clock.

Edited by daz05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Text says it has PASM, but I don’t see the PASM switch in the photos..... ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, noggieboxa said:

Interesting. Text says it has PASM, but I don’t see the PASM switch in the photos..... ???

The way it's sitting suggests x73 to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Seems to have been sitting around, 26k in august 17, 26k in april 18 and now just 28k on the clock.

Haircutted?

But really no need at this mileage/value....

 

Cheers, Baggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No dual climate, sigh 

Buckets and X73 are a marmite combo in a GTS, rare yes gut for a reason IMHO. PASM is such a great system in a Porsche, why would you want a none dynamic suspension in a road car ? 

Nice car though 😉

Edited by Jonttt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

No dual climate, sigh 

Buckets and X73 are a marmite combo in a GTS, rare yes gut for a reason IMHO. PASM is such a great system in a Porsche, why would you want a none dynamic suspension in a road car ? 

Nice car though 😉

Having had a go in a Spyder with this spec recently I can see the appeal. More feel through the buckets and a sharper set up with x73 were my conclusions.

I had some reservations about the ride bit it was actually ok.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheap GTS for someone.

X73 suspension to harsh for the bumpy roads I drive on, bucket seats a pain to get in and out of too.... and no heaters!

Agree that prices for these seem to be all over the place at the moment!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that the buckets sit higher than the standard seat and can't be adjusted for height?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a gorgeous GTS ,my next purchase hopefully in the new year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this had been on Autotrader as a private sale? He wanted around £50k for it

 

Strange option " 20mm Lower Preparation for Mobile Phone " ok if you have longer arms i suppose !!

Edited by MIkeyv60
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, daz05 said:

Having had a go in a Spyder with this spec recently I can see the appeal. More feel through the buckets and a sharper set up with x73 were my conclusions.

I had some reservations about the ride bit it was actually ok.

 

agreed - I have X73 and buckets in my BGTS and like the combo v much. It's a fair weather/fun car; I suppose X73 could get wearing in daily use. The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Carmine said:

agreed - I have X73 and buckets in my BGTS and like the combo v much. It's a fair weather/fun car; I suppose X73 could get wearing in daily use. The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

 

Sounds lovely, mine has the same purpose hence why I like this type of thing over and above the comfort options.  My Golf is better daily anyway, warms up much quicker this time of year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been driving my 996 daily even in this cold weather. It's got kw coil over suspension so it's very low and very very stiff. I have swapped the 18 wheels for 17 so I get a bit of movement from the tyre but the suspension hardly moves at all. I'm even driving without the heater on to minimise the condensation effect from the windows cooling down when I stop. I will admit its far from ideal but if you want to enjoy your Porsche all year round you have to make allowances. Sports cars aren't meant to be super comfy. If you want comfort you need a different car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ATM said:

I've been driving my 996 daily even in this cold weather. It's got kw coil over suspension so it's very low and very very stiff. I have swapped the 18 wheels for 17 so I get a bit of movement from the tyre but the suspension hardly moves at all.

Are you able to adjust the damping rates on the KWs fitted to your 996?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATM said:

Yes if they're not seized.

Ah - guess a rebuild courtesy of KW is on the cards then. Tricky on daily - mine (also my daily) are due a rebuild at KWMS which will be scheduled around holidays in the first half of next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 1:05 PM, Carmine said:

 The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

 

Love the X73 on my S, as above it improves not only the handling but the aesthetics. 

4 hours ago, ATM said:

Sports cars aren't meant to be super comfy. If you want comfort you need a different car.

+1😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still toying with x73 for mine. It doesn't feel soft and I do like being able to clear curbs without a second thought but I wander if something a bit firmer would give me more feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...