www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
petemac

Automatic insurance renewal

I'm so glad I check my insurance quotes, mine was on Automatic renewal and if I hadn't checked I would have been stung because on this occasion the quote for renewal was almost £80 quid more!! so I called the company I deal with and asked them to take it off automatic renewal. When they asked why I told  them politely they were taking the mickey, 30 seconds later I got IT £10 cheaper than last year so a good result in the end. Amazing what a phone call can do. So for those of you who do have Automatic renewal be wary.

Take care all.

Nice one mate, it's always good to shop around every year, but the insurance companies rely on people not having the time or inclination to do it.  There's no incentive to be loyal and stick with the same company any more.  A very short sighted tactic from insurance companies IMHO.

I switched to SAGA insurance recently, which means it's now official, I am old and past it (59, in case anyone was wondering).  However, on the plus side, the Boxster only costs me £18 per month to insure, so it's got some advantages :lol:

Surely they had to warn you before automatically renewing though? In which case that is the spur to start doing your homework.

43 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Surely they had to warn you before automatically renewing though? In which case that is the spur to start doing your homework.

That's just it Scubaregs I got no warning until the renewal letter said they would be taking x amount out of my account just before it was  due, insurance companies are sometimes a little devious IMO hoping you will let it take it's course, the letter arrived with just a day or so before renewal possibly hoping I would just pay and not challenge it. It was only when I made the call to them that they had a change of heart and reduced it. I personally think that could be seen as trying to pull a fast one. Almost £80 more than last year is not a small increase. The other company I use gave me a better deal this time £20 cheaper than last year, I think there a few companies who reward loyal customers but sadly not many.

Regards....Pete

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

Nice one mate, it's always good to shop around every year, but the insurance companies rely on people not having the time or inclination to do it.  There's no incentive to be loyal and stick with the same company any more.  A very short sighted tactic from insurance companies IMHO.

I switched to SAGA insurance recently, which means it's now official, I am old and past it (59, in case anyone was wondering).  However, on the plus side, the Boxster only costs me £18 per month to insure, so it's got some advantages :lol:

Davey P you got a good deal I may try them next year I'm a bit older than you so probably worth a shot.

Regards...Pete

26 minutes ago, petemac said:

That's just it Scubaregs I got no warning until the renewal letter said they would be taking x amount out of my account just before it was  due, insurance companies are sometimes a little devious IMO hoping you will let it take it's course, the letter arrived with just a day or so before renewal possibly hoping I would just pay and not challenge it. It was only when I made the call to them that they had a change of heart and reduced it. I personally think that could be seen as trying to pull a fast one. Almost £80 more than last year is not a small increase. The other company I use gave me a better deal this time £20 cheaper than last year, I think there a few companies who reward loyal customers but sadly not many.

Regards....Pete

Sneaky indeed.

10 minutes ago, petemac said:

Davey P you got a good deal I may try them next year I'm a bit older than you so probably worth a shot.

I insured my previous car with SAGA (VW Beetle) and when I changed to the Boxster I checked on confused.com.  SAGA were not the cheapest, but the excess was a lot lower than anyone else, so I decided to stay with them.  They were still about 3rd from the top, so not enough difference to worry about.  I think the monthly payments only added about 20 quid as well, so a no-brainer to me.

The only downside is... it's... SAGA, and therefore means I'm a lot older than I feel :lol:

8 minutes ago, Russjmills said:

I hate the fact I'm with SAGA😆

Just embrace it mate, try to forget what they stand for, and think of the lovely cheap insurance :lol:

Now... let's go shopping for a DORO mobile phone... none of this touchscreen nonsense... (kill me now!)

0doro_secure_580_white_front_2.png

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Russjmills said:

I hate the fact I'm with SAGA😆

I was looking forward to getting cheap insurance with SAGA after everyone said how cheap they were and then they quoted me £600🤔, went with LV this year for £150🙂

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Just embrace it mate, try to forget what they stand for, and think of the lovely cheap insurance :lol:

Now... let's go shopping for a DORO mobile phone... none of this touchscreen nonsense... (kill me now!)

0doro_secure_580_white_front_2.png

:lol:

Where can I buy that phone? Would suit me perfectly🤣

I use hastings direct for the fact they are know where near where I live so how would they know I've  been involved in an accident etc. !!!!!!!