Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
NicGun

986 Shooting Brake

Recommended Posts

It might have been better if they tried to stick to 1 generation of Porsche and stuck to it.

997 front, 986 middle, 991 rear & that Scirocco style addition makes for a disjointed & awkward car ... a proper dog's dinner.

If they'd kept as much 986 as they could, and grafted on something like the top back bit of a Z3M breadvan, then the end result could look really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NicGun Looks like it’s taking shape.....

1-DC502-C8-344-C-4-D25-AA25-AAE4-AFF6940

F4-DBDE7-F-3-B79-4308-B3-D0-3-DD06-BCC39

F8-D144-FB-41-BC-4-EE5-B504-F015-D6777-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

@NicGun Looks like it’s taking shape.....

1-DC502-C8-344-C-4-D25-AA25-AAE4-AFF6940

F4-DBDE7-F-3-B79-4308-B3-D0-3-DD06-BCC39

F8-D144-FB-41-BC-4-EE5-B504-F015-D6777-D

Be interesting to see final result, although don't see us getting rid of our Allroad for dog moving duties just yet 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind that at all. Although i havent had my eyes tested for a while......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter how many sunset photos are taken of this it still looks like a Panamera has humped a Scirocco…..no no no! :puke:

Buy a Porsche or buy a VW …..don't let them mate!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rav said:

I dont mind that at all. Although i havent had my eyes tested for a while......

I fear you may be too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Apollo000 said:

it still looks like a Panamera has humped a Scirocco

It’s corporate mergers gone mad, it’s a VAG mash-up!

I can respect the styling but with the engine and box where they are I just don’t get it. Any suitcase would take your head off when you brake. 
 

and to think the Zeintop was controversial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a mongrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

It’s corporate mergers gone mad, it’s a VAG mash-up!

I can respect the styling but with the engine and box where they are I just don’t get it. Any suitcase would take your head off when you brake. 

Remember the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo or Metro 6R4 or Lancia Delta S4 or Peugeot 205 T16? Hatch backs with an engine in the way... And this isn't even a homologation special to justify it. I suspect it will be even.more rare than all the above though.

Edited by ½cwt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does a Cayman not have the same issues about having a boot but with an engine between it and the driver? And it has a hatch (of sorts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Remember the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo or Metro 6R4 or Lancia Delta S4 or Peugeot 205 T16? Hatch backs with an engine in the way... And this isn't even a homologation special to justify it. I suspect it will be even.more rare than all the above though.

Spot the difference between them and this. 

1 hour ago, dpg123 said:

Does a Cayman not have the same issues about having a boot but with an engine between it and the driver? And it has a hatch (of sorts).

Cayman is a factory tin top Boxster with rigidity, insulation etc. This isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you know what, that looks very interesting and niche, the only problem is the dogs doodads will get fried sitting in the back....and my banana ice cream would melt in seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a no from me  :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the mid engine, I’m wondering where rear passengers put their legs. 

It’s  all a bit stupid if it’s still a 2 seater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 7:36 AM, Apollo000 said:

 

Buy a Porsche or buy a VW …..don't let them mate!

..... what do you think a Cayenne is? ...... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RobScott said:

..... what do you think a Cayenne is? ...... 

It's a Cayenne - the Touareg is Touareg…...oh wait lol good point however having a chassis/body as a standard base on which to express the model is different to cutting and shutting two models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RickLS7 said:

With the mid engine, I’m wondering where rear passengers put their legs. 

It’s  all a bit stupid if it’s still a 2 seater. 

A bit unfair, this is very comparable to the ZMCoupe.

But that had the guts under the front bonnet and so (presumably) had a respectable load space at the rear.  Here the load space would be taken by the guts so the floor would be raised; thus my topic about a suitcase slamming into your head.  It wouldn't if you left the rollover bar in place...

It's an exercise in project design and implementation but it's not an exercise in marketing given a Cayman has been around for 12 years already and answers several questions better.  What's this for, an impatient photocopier salesman?  It's just odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...