www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Downsey

Anyone know this car....?

Those wheels are badly in need of a refurb and that is not cheap for the split rim design. Worth getting quotes.

I love the paint colour! It does look good, but then most Boxsters do after a clean and polish. Spec is not accurate though, it doesn't have Headlight Washers as it says in the ad. I don't want to be negative about it, but be cautious. 

Auto lights and Rain Sensitive Wipers also stated, I didn't know these were even options, so double check it is as the ad says. There also should be a button on console below the middle air vents that says PSM which is the traction control. 

Could give you room for reducing your offer if any of the spec is missing. 

Good spot on the rims @Nobbie 👍

Need to replace the Autogrip ditch finders on the front. Mot history not perfect, but at that age you can only buy what you see. Shame there are no interior shots.

check the rear of the brake discs, they can look good on the front, but gone on the back

16 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Those wheels are badly in need of a refurb and that is not cheap for the split rim design. Worth getting quotes.

OP - What @Nobbie really means is that it looks great and the wheels are a treat, but sadly it has the wrong gearbox.

Cheers, Baggers.

• Haha 1

Advert says nothing about the mechanical condition, so I would be asking what parts have been replaced. 

Not that it really matters or is particularly surprising on an old car but the front and rear bumpers look to be a different color

I’ve had a good look through the MOT history, and it doesn’t appear to have Ben maintained very well. It’s failed every MOT recently.

One to steer clear of I think.

the hunt continues......

Your might well be right, though it passed the most recent one with a clean sheet which is all that matters really, unless there are the same repeated ones year after year. 

None for brake pipes, discs or pads though, which is very common so maybe its not so bad after all.? 

Stuff like tyres/lights etc is not really worth worrying about, so I wouldn't discount an otherwise good car on the mot history. 

Edited by PaulQ

39 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Your might well be right, though it passed the most recent one with a clean sheet which is all that matters really, unless there are the same repeated ones year after year. 

None for brake pipes, discs or pads though, which is very common so maybe its not so bad after all.? 

Stuff like tyres/lights etc is not really worth worrying about, so I wouldn't discount an otherwise good car on the mot history. 

That is very true.....I’m always dubious about cars with patchy MOT that then get a fresh bill of health for sale...: makes me wonder if the selling garage have done the MOT.

Maybe it is still worth a look, with a view to a cheeky offer due to the wheels and history.

I'd be asking why there are no pics of the interior either.

I got a 2004 (facelift) 986 S in Seal Grey with 88k on the clock back in August which was up for £5.9k but I pushed him down to £5.6 and got £1.2k for my old TT.  So if I were you I'd keep looking as there are better bargains out there.