www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Porsche2063

Alarm going off after battery died

Hello,

My battery has gone dead. I went to remove the battery and the alarm goes off when I remove the negative terminal. I have just put it back on for now.

Might be a daft question but will the alarm go off if I remove the positive as well or is the alarm on some sort of back up power? 

Do do I need to deactivate the alarm before taking the battery out? If so how?

i have taken batteries out of cars before and not had this issue.

cheers

I think you can disable the alarm by putting the key in the ignition and turning one click. It’s got a backup battery so will keep going with both terminals disconnected.

I think I read somewhere that you need to leave the key in the ignition when you disconnect the battery.  I did this when I changed mine recently, and the alarm didn't make a sound (note: mine is a 987 though, so they might be different?).  I also took the precaution of leaving the driver's door open, so the key didn't get locked inside if the door somehow managed to lock itself :lol:

As above, key in ignition and turn to position 1. Alarm will not sound when battery is removed. If you have a radio code note it down (although you might already have lost it on the first disconnection).

No, leave the key in position 1 throughout the change of battery.

Yep, its bl00dy loud when you're up close isn't it?

To guarantee the Christmas Day blast - New battery.  If you can get to ECP today you'll get a 096 Bosch S5 for about £100 with FROSTY80 code.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Yep, its bl00dy loud when you're up close isn't it?

To guarantee the Christmas Day blast - New battery.  If you can get to ECP today you'll get a 096 Bosch S5 for about £100 with FROSTY80 code.

Bought a set of pagid discs and pads from them last week, 50% off. 👍

Of course I didn't them!