www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
naim22

Fuel, Cooling & Refrigerant Circuit Diagram

Would anyone happen to have a Fuels, Cooling & refrigerant diagram (or know where I may find one) please?

I've had a good read of the parts catalogue, but am finding it a little tricky to follow where the different sections join to each other (eg. LP Fuel System pierce point to HP side & rail)

Do ROW cars have a charcoal canister fitted? I'd expect NAS market vehicles to because of ORVR but not sure whether EU markets mandated them back in 2000?

Thanks & Merry Christmas to all! 

Thanks, hopefully this will help figure out the routing for each. 

I had a further look and realised how primitive the fuel system is compared to modern cars (I am used to working with GDi and Diesels only). This car has no HPFP, and thus no obvious pierce point, it only has an FPR and LPFP as the rail pressure is 400kPa or so (compared to the 25MPa or so seen today on gasolines)

It's a bit of an education honestly as I expected parts to be there that aren't, but its also reassuringly simple! 

It is only the later DFI engines which need HP pumps.  Yes, it has a carbon canister in the front right wing, near the fuel filler neck.

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll dig up what I can and send it to you. 

18 hours ago, naim22 said:

It's a bit of an education honestly as I expected parts to be there that aren't, but its also reassuringly simple! 

Looks like an interesting 'historical' comparison of an old school normally aspirated power unit with the much more advanced JLR equipment you are working with now.  I guess the early Boxster is just at the point where an amateur with a bit of a technical background can still understand it.  Whilst not on the fuel system, @Richard Hamilton has been a very useful source of car specific information that would otherwise be tricky to come by.