Jump to content
www.BoXa.net

Admiral multi car policy


Recommended Posts

Got 4 cars on my multi car policy, the latest added car was my q7 back in June which I paid 1k for 6 months insurance which was mental of me but I couldn’t be arsed to ring around and I thought I’d get a cheaper quote come renewal which is 2 weeks away now....

well I’ve just had the renewal through for all 4 cars (2018 q5, 2018 i3s, 2001 polo, 2018 q7)

they want over 4K and 2.5k is for the q7!!!!!!

wtf 

even when I had the Macan and rs3 it was miles cheaper

time to get busy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm around £580 per annum fully comp. for the 718 and my daily, a 19 plate Corsa Griffin. 10,000 miles pa each, Lynn can drive either.

Aviva multi policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robporsche said:

im with admiral multicar,  my 981S, Audi S3 2014,  Honda FRV (daily)  and my daughters Mini One (shes just passed) and i pay gbp 145 a month

Ive tried multicar before but it actually worked out much cheaper insuring individually ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, D8EAN said:

Got 4 cars on my multi car policy, the latest added car was my q7 back in June which I paid 1k for 6 months insurance which was mental of me but I couldn’t be arsed to ring around and I thought I’d get a cheaper quote come renewal which is 2 weeks away now....

well I’ve just had the renewal through for all 4 cars (2018 q5, 2018 i3s, 2001 polo, 2018 q7)

they want over 4K and 2.5k is for the q7!!!!!!

wtf 

even when I had the Macan and rs3 it was miles cheaper

time to get busy

Dean did you get it sorted? Can we help?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i did, broke it down to some on multi and some single.... saved me a right few quid 1500 of them. 

Sorry you missed a chance to quote i did email twice as well... 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D8EAN said:

i did, broke it down to some on multi and some single.... saved me a right few quid 1500 of them. 

Sorry you missed a chance to quote i did email twice as well... 

Very Odd! I haven't seen any emails come through from you... and I've emailed you a few times too.

Our email is specialist@aplan.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlie, out of interest do you do multi car policies?? Our 987 and my Mini are both due next month, just wondered if its worth getting a quote from you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Roger C said:

Carlie, out of interest do you do multi car policies?? Our 987 and my Mini are both due next month, just wondered if its worth getting a quote from you.

Yes we do, but as a broker we also look at if it would be beneficial for you to quote them separately too as sometimes multi policies aren't always the lower cost option.

Give us a call when you're within 30 days and we can have a look for you :) 01635 874646

Carlie

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, A-Plan Insurance said:

That comes directly to me but nothing has come through... I'll check with IT whats happening with yours then as I have been receiving emails :(

i got bounce backs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-Plan Insurance said:

Yes we do, but as a broker we also look at if it would be beneficial for you to quote them separately too as sometimes multi policies aren't always the lower cost option.

Give us a call when you're within 30 days and we can have a look for you :) 01635 874646

Carlie

Thanks Carlie, I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

Rog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roger C said:

Thanks Carlie, I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

Rog.

Fab :) make sure you call us at A-Plan Specialist in Thatcham on the number above and not your standard local Aplan branch.

Carlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

So gave A-plan a quick ring this morning, really lovely helpful people, quote was going well until....I mentioned that Rachel (my fiancee) is an American citizen, she has been here 30 years and has a indefinite visa but is not a British citizen so unfortunately they can't insure the car for both of us.

Not the end of the world as our renewal from E-sure was quite good so we will probably just stay with them....however, something thats sticks in my mind from the conversation I just had.... when he pointed out that they could not add Rachel to the policy I said its ok, she hardly ever drives the box and the only reason we would want her on it is so she can drive it in an emergency, i.e I'm ill or it needs to go to the garage etc, and she could just drive it 3rd party of her own fully comp car insurance as she has the 'drive any car 3rd party bit'.

He then said...yes... right up until you get married.. once you are married the Boxster legally becomes a joint asset and you both legally own it so the 'drive any other car YOU DONT OWN' bit of fully comp insurance is no longer valid for her to drive the box.... Now I know loads of folk who have hobby cars and only insure them in their own name as the wife can always drive it 3rd party if need be, they could be breaking the law..... Something to bear in mind..

Rog.

Edited by Roger C
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ATM said:

What's going on Here @D8EAN

my wifes first car.... still going strong at 80k... big roof, leather, heated seats are dead now - was a Euro import back in the day.... perfect for trips to the dump 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Roger C said:

So gave A-plan a quick ring this morning, really lovely helpful people, quote was going well until....I mentioned that Rachel (my fiancee) is an American citizen, she has been here 30 years and has a indefinite visa but is not a British citizen so unfortunately they can't insure the car for both of us.

Not the end of the world as our renewal from E-sure was quite good so we will probably just stay with them....however, something thats sticks in my mind from the conversation I just had.... when he pointed out that they could not add Rachel to the policy I said its ok, she hardly ever drives the box and the only reason we would want her on it is so she can drive it in an emergency, i.e I'm ill or it needs to go to the garage etc, and she could just drive it 3rd party of her own fully comp car insurance as she has the 'drive any car 3rd party bit'.

He then said...yes... right up until you get married.. once you are married the Boxster legally becomes a joint asset and you both legally own it so the 'drive any other car YOU DONT OWN' bit of fully comp insurance is no longer valid for her to drive the box.... Now I know loads of folk who have hobby cars and only insure them in their own name as the wife can always drive it 3rd party if need be, they could be breaking the law..... Something to bear in mind..

Rog.

Thanks for trying us anyway Rog!

And yes that's correct - Driving other cars is not valid for a spouses vehicle because "what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine" and they become joint assets, therefore you have a financial interest in the vehicle. 

Carlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rog , I'm an American citizen too with indefinite stamp , I have a UK driving license , I've never had any problems like yours and always disclose that  I wasn't born in the UK , incidentally I've been here 49 years  , there should be no discrimination just because she has a us passport unless she DOESN'T have a UK license , I had troubles adding my American uncle to my car policy when he visits me in the UK ,no such problems when I visit him  though

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, S2sam said:

Hi Rog , I'm an American citizen too with indefinite stamp , I have a UK driving license , I've never had any problems like yours and always disclose that  I wasn't born in the UK , incidentally I've been here 49 years  , there should be no discrimination just because she has a us passport unless she DOESN'T have a UK license , I had troubles adding my American uncle to my car policy when he visits me in the UK ,no such problems when I visit him  though

Sam, she has a full UK license, has never had even a speeding ticket and like you has never had any problems with insurance before (has even had a few claims which were settled with no problems). Broker said that because it would be a specialist insurance they wont insure he as she is not a British citizen, its a shame really as even if it was the same price as my renewal Id rather put my money into a supporter of this forum than a face less multinational. 

Maybe Carlie could do some research and see if its possible.

Rog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-Plan Insurance said:

Thanks for trying us anyway Rog!

And yes that's correct - Driving other cars is not valid for a spouses vehicle because "what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine" and they become joint assets, therefore you have a financial interest in the vehicle. 

Carlie

How is this correct? Surely joint assets have to be listed as such and you cannot simply imply that an asset now belongs to two people when it was owned by one of them because you have engaged (pun intended) in a marriage ceremony? How does this stand when you have a civil ceremony, you're not married?  Having a financial interest in my eyes does not constitute ownership  - I have shares and as such a financial interest in the holding company but I don't own the company.

When asked if I am the legal owner it doesn't ask if anyone else has part ownership - therefore only 1 person can be the owner...….thoughts.....

Edited by Apollo000
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Roger C said:

Sam, she has a full UK license, has never had even a speeding ticket and like you has never had any problems with insurance before (has even had a few claims which were settled with no problems). Broker said that because it would be a specialist insurance they wont insure he as she is not a British citizen, its a shame really as even if it was the same price as my renewal Id rather put my money into a supporter of this forum than a face less multinational. 

Maybe Carlie could do some research and see if its possible.

Rog.

Hi Rog,

I think there may have been a misunderstanding our end over residency and citizenship - I've looked into it and Chris will be calling you shortly. As as long as she has proof of residency here it shouldn't put up much of a barrier :)

Carlie

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Apollo000 said:

How is this correct? Surely joint assets have to be listed as such and you cannot simply imply that an asset now belongs to two people when it was owned by one of them because you have engaged (pun intended) in a marriage ceremony? How does this stand when you have a civil ceremony, you're not married?  Having a financial interest in my eyes does not constitute ownership  - I have shares and as such a financial interest in the holding company but I don't own the company.

When asked if I am the legal owner it doesn't ask if anyone else has part ownership - therefore only 1 person can be the owner...….thoughts.....

It's generic across car insurance policies - the rule is to be properly covered for driving your spouse's vehicle, you should be added to his/her car insurance policy as a named driver. Most/all car insurance companies require/recommend that licensed spouses be listed on the policy as drivers as it's not covered under the driving over cars extention.

I just had a quick google and can see it's listed in the Ts & Cs on comparison sites etc as well. Unfortunately I don't have any other answer apart from that's just the rules of driving other cars I'm afraid. 

This is the search I did if you want to have a look too: https://www.google.com/search?q=drive+other+car+coverage+for+spouse&oq=driving+other+cars+spous&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.7429j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Carlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...