www.BoXa.net
trustytris

Gas or oil filled dampers

I'm thinking of replacing the shock absorbers on the 2000 986 s  as i think they have had it'  On looking them up on sites i keep reading that they are Gas filled as opposed to oil filled'  Is this the way to go now?   The ones i have been looking at are by Bilstein  🙄  https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2111/Bilstein-B4-REAR-Shock-Absorber-22-113320-VNE-B332/

Bilstein is the OE suppplier and B4 shocks are very similar (allegedly a slight upgrade) to stock.

Why do you think your shocks have 'had it'?

Fitted these to the front of  my car, made a differance to the the tired 100k shocks, less bouncing around and felt stable. Got a really good deal from eurocatparts via ebay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Bilstein is the OE suppplier and B4 shocks are very similar (allegedly a slight upgrade) to stock.

Why do you think your shocks have 'had it'?

Well i've replaced just about everything else & still getting a rattle-knocking when going over even small bumps on the  road!

32 minutes ago, trustytris said:

Well i've replaced just about everything else & still getting a rattle-knocking when going over even small bumps on the  road!

Are you sure you've tightened the inboard coffin arm bolts fully? Any movement and they can make a noise.

Also, tie / track rods - inner and outer. The balljoint in these can rattle intermittently.

19 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

Are you sure you've tightened the inboard coffin arm bolts fully? Any movement and they can make a noise.

Yes making the same sound as before i fitted them.

7 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Also, tie / track rods - inner and outer. The balljoint in these can rattle intermittently.

Yes have fitted new outer ends but same sound as before.