www.BoXa.net
Stu67

Rear Disc Change.

Evening all,

Has anybody changed the rear discs on their 981, without using diag equipment to place the EPB in service/reset mode?

I've read about putting the EPB into service mode and the resetting of the air gaps (Have access to both durametric and i-carsoft, if required, but not very local) - This makes sense if I were to be replacing the brake shoes, springs, actuators etc, but the drum surface within the disc should have virtually zero wear compared to new discs, so gaps shouldn't change very much, if at all!

Stu.

I replaced the rear discs without using software. Park brake works as it should with no issues.

1 hour ago, T24RES said:

I replaced the rear discs without using software. Park brake works as it should with no issues.

Thanks, had a feeling the official procedure was likely to be a bit of a "Catch all" for any work carried out on the rear brakes.

Stu.

I've replaced the whole hub with complete handbrake mechanism and wheel bearing, strut, driveshaft, disc and all arms holding that lot to the car and it just works.

I did mine, no need for the software it’s a very straightforward job