www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

550 Anniversary refresh

As you might have seen in the Newbie section, I bought #114 back in June 2019 and have spent my time gradually cleaning it up and doing some service jobs that were required. 

It has pretty much every option that were available on the Anniversary Bose, PCM with phone module but unusually it had the Seal Grey spoke delete option. 

The car had 89k miles when I bought it and a full file of receipts and service history. It’s had a good amount of money spent on it at OPC’s in its earlier years but has done very little mileage since 2012 when it had done 80k and subsequently no real service history since. 

This how it looked when I bought it 

3A4G5v4.jpg

I then set about giving it a thorough clean degreasing the arches, engine bay and behind the front and rear bumpers.

OB24M5F.jpg

rW9YJH2.jpg

355tGvk.jpg

Q9qJWhI.jpg

HCmvF9I.jpg

nxi8yaV.jpg

HtS0mHf.jpg

I also gave the wheel bolts a coat of Hamerite which I hardened in the oven 

5fRUpYL.jpg

Next up was a full refresh of the roof. Washed it with Gtechniq General purpose wash and then 2 coats of Renovo colour restorer followed by 2 liberal coats of Gtechniq Smart Fabric. 

LO6aSIw.jpg

kApPZbd.jpg

More recently I have had the wheels fully refurbished, but have had them done with Seal Grey spokes. Fantastic service and quality by Exel Wheels

Zq81iq3.jpg

Mechanically I have done the following with Genuine Porsche Parts

New AOS

Oil change using Mobil Oil and Genuine filter

Removed K&N filter and replaced with original type

Transmission Oil change

New coil packs and plugs (Beru)

New MAF sensor

New boot gas struts

4 wheel alignment 

This is how it looks now

JHOeYci.jpg

Next job on the list is to replace the front bump stops, and a bit more polishing before the better weather returns in the spring and get the 2 small dents on the wheel arches sorted hopefully without the need for paint!

A big thank you to the various technical posts on here that have helped me along the way  

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

Good work🙂, I wonder if a paintless dent man could remove that dink from the front wing?

Good job. I have a long thread on my 550 in the running reports section if you want any other ideas of how else you can spend your money! I also had my wheels refurbed in the 2 tone via Chris at Excel. Your front struts and springs look in remarkably good visual condition. If you are pernickity the car definitely benefits from a spring and damper renewal at this age. 

Transmission oil change is from memory 96k or 9 years and I'll bet not many cars have had it done. 

Well done getting the spikes done - wanted to do that on mine but never got round to it.

Nice write up - mine has the disks visible on the hood too - good to see they can be vanished with a colour kit.

Excellent stuff, that looks awesome, well played that man!  I love reading threads like this one, keep up the good work mate :thumbsup_anim:

25 minutes ago, Kennyfin73 said:

Great job! What Product did you use in the engine bay. 

Elbow grease

Loving the inside of the front wheel arch! Just amazing level of cleanliness 👍

impressive that is...

:)

10 hours ago, Kennyfin73 said:

Great job! What Product did you use in the engine bay. 

Diluted Screwfix degreaser, a little water, plenty of cloths and as @Mr96er said elbow grease. The black plastic and rubber parts were then finished with Auto Finesse Dressle.

10 hours ago, Mr96er said:

Elbow grease

Correct and lots of it.

Edited by DaveS

Some excellent work there, the car looks lovely. Mine has the seal grey spokes too. I usually only like silver wheels but think these wheels just really suit the car. Look forward to seeing what else you do with it.

@Dave S superb work. I have used an excellent dent man over the years (Cambridgeshire area) who is highly recommend - PM if you’d like the details. 

1 minute ago, Andy Mac said:

@Dave S superb work. I have used an excellent dent man over the years (Cambridgeshire area) who is highly recommend - PM if you’d like the details. 

PM sent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Thanks @Andy Mac I’m over in North Oxfordshire so a bit of a journey I’m afraid. Will speak to a couple of local guys first.