www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
the baron

Outside temp sensor fitment

So, I’ve recently added the OBC function by adding a 4th stalk, my car doesn’t have air con so it doesn’t have the temp sensor fitted, I know where it goes and I realise I will need to remove the front bumper all easy stuff but can anyone tell me if the connections  are all there and it will be a simple plug and play.?

I'm pretty certain it won't be plug & play.  I think you will have to run wires back to the instrument cluster.  When one is factory fitted, the wires run up the right hand side of the luggage compartment to a white multipin connector (X1/1) somewhere near the ABS pump IIRC.  From There they go to the cluster. 

For Boxster MY1997-2000:
OAT Pin 1 - X1/1 Pin 15 - IC Plug 1 (Blue) Pin 17
OAT Pin 2 - X1/1 Pin 16 - IC Analog Earth (Same place you connected the OBC earth will do).

If you are lucky, the wires may already be in place between X1/1 and the Instrument Cluster.

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I'm pretty certain it won't be plug & play.  I think you will have to run wires back to the instrument cluster.  When one is factory fitted, the wires run up the right hand side of the luggage compartment to a white multipin connector (X1/1) somewhere near the ABS pump IIRC.  From There they go to the cluster. 

For Boxster MY1997-2000:
OAT Pin 1 - X1/1 Pin 15 - IC Plug 1 (Blue) Pin 17
OAT Pin 2 - X1/1 Pin 16 - IC Analog Earth (Same place you connected the OBC earth will do).

If you are lucky, the wires may already be in place between X1/1 and the Instrument Cluster.

So if I check the frunk I may see some wires and the box your talking about so it will be a matter of either following wires back or running wires back if there aren’t any, that’s for the advise.