www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
alex1982

Broke boxster for parts...can I sell them here?

Hi

I've sadly broken my boxster for parts, thinking to put the inventory in a live google spreadsheet.

Not looking to make money, just want the stuff out of sight (and mind) so I can move on - will accept any reasonable offers...

Can I post the list on this forum? Which section is best?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, alex1982 said:

Hi

I've sadly broken my boxster for parts, thinking to put the inventory in a live google spreadsheet.

Not looking to make money, just want the stuff out of sight (and mind) so I can move on - will accept any reasonable offers...

Thanks!

It should be in For Sale section but you need 40 posts first - designed to deter people who haven't contributed anything.

Do post up a list as there are plenty of 986 owners on here looking for bits, so just do a new thread and people can make contact with you, although @red rocket is correct forum rules dictate that you can't post in the "For Sale" section, nothing stopping you doing as ive suggested, if the mods want to delete they will.

Edited by the baron

Members breaking their Boxster do post in the for sale forum and it's been a good source of secondhand parts. As has been explained there is a 40 post requirement so I'd get posting and contributing to the discussions. For example what happened to your car and why is it being broken? Someone just posted that they are looking for a track car. Would yours be suitable?

I suspect an attempt to circumvent the 40 post rule will result in your post being removed by a mod.

8 hours ago, alex1982 said:

Hi

Thanks!

Is the car running and driving or is it just parts?

Perhaps a clue as to paint colour, trim colour, and options the car came with and people can PM you for more info??

The topic has been locked so the 'selling' rule doesn't get circumvented.  I would suggest anyone with a whetted appetite PM Alex.