www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
guitar-cellar

Exhaust Upgrage

The new stainless manifolds, 200 cell cats and lambda sensors have arrived, so it's spannering time! One of the existing cats is blowing, so it's only a matter of time before they fail. I bet these exhaust manifolds are going to be a real bugger to get off. Might throw a new MAF on at the same time, just to keep all the new bits balanced in age.

I'm now considering the complete Koni shockers install. I've ha great results with Koni FSD previously on a BMW E46.

Good luck with the manifolds, they can be a real bugger if the bolts have rusted badly. I wrote a bit about it on page 8 of my running report. If you use the thick gaskets that come with the SS manifolds, you may need to re-tighten a couple of times as they bed in. The OE Porsche one are thin and shouldn't need re-doing, but won't take up any slight deformation in the manifolds. Are you putting a new exhaust on too? I put a Toyosport one on and it's quite fun for a weekend car.

Similar exhaust set up to mine. I also have the Koni FSD but with the H&R spec M030 springs. 

I wasn't going to do the back box just yet. I've heard too many horror stories about the droning. I put a Cobra Quad on my ZZW30 MR2, and took it off after a month because it drove me mad.

12 hours ago, edc said:

Similar exhaust set up to mine. I also have the Koni FSD but with the H&R spec M030 springs. 

sounds good. What's the ride like for daily driving?

Fine. Slightly better than the regular M030 albeit I don't use my car as a daily.