Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
D10SSE

can anyone help please

Recommended Posts

Hoping someone can help, battery needed replaced as it wasn't holding a charge, replaced battery but the lights on cluster always seem on (clock etc).  Also not letting me lock the doors or pop open boot using key fob, when i lock doors with key manually the horn beeps.

 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recheck you work. Have you got good connections to the battery pillars? 

Have you checked for water under the passenger seat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horn beeps means something is open, frunk, boot, glove box or arm rest even the roof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got this horn beeping once , I've just cleared water out of the passenger footwell   ,,,  I've found water under  cabin filter were there is a recess ..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mortzz said:

I've got this horn beeping once , I've just cleared water out of the passenger footwell   ,,,  I've found water under  cabin filter were there is a recess ..   

Check under the passenger seat, the ACU etc are under there and will possibly be water logged 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boxob said:

Recheck you work. Have you got good connections to the battery pillars? 

Have you checked for water under the passenger seat? 

Yeah everything tight, car is garaged all year long so no water signs etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Apollo000 said:

Horn beeps means something is open, frunk, boot, glove box or arm rest even the roof.

will check everything is shut again im positive its all lcosed though 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everything is closed, then it's likely to be a stuck microswitch. The most likely candidate is a door lock microswitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting post this as my car is always garaged and only started this after taking the battery off, will have a good check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mortzz said:

I've got this horn beeping once , I've just cleared water out of the passenger footwell   ,,,  I've found water under  cabin filter were there is a recess ..   

If you’ve cleared water out of the footwell I’d be looking g at how it got there if you’re saying it’s garages? I’m confused! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apollo000 said:

If you’ve cleared water out of the footwell I’d be looking g at how it got there if you’re saying it’s garages? I’m confused! 

Different people posting mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Roger C said:

Different people posting mate.

Ah yes apologies.......senile moment......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mortzz posted his car is always garaged too, yet it has water in the front battery area and foot well. How come? Presumably driving in the rain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boxob said:

@mortzz posted his car is always garaged too, yet it has water in the front battery area and foot well. How come? Presumably driving in the rain?

Logical explanation, Captain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, Apollo000 said:

Check under the passenger seat, the ACU etc are under there and will possibly be water logged 

Exactly what happened to me. Water under the passenger seat had fried the ECU.

Had to replace the ECU. Think it cost about £450.00 replaced and installed if I remember correctly.

My Spoiler and Roof stopped working also. Was a nightmare as I was away on holiday when it happened and had to nurse her home to Blightly.

 

Good luck,

 

Verner

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Verner said:

Exactly what happened to me. Water under the passenger seat had fried the ECU.

Had to replace the ECU. Think it cost about £450.00 replaced and installed if I remember correctly.

My Spoiler and Roof stopped working also. Was a nightmare as I was away on holiday when it happened and had to nurse her home to Blightly.

 

Good luck,

 

Verner

 

I can’t stress the use of a half cover enough - stops water ingress and folds away in to the boot. Fits in a few minutes and I’d highly recommend one to everyone! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apollo000 said:

I can’t stress the use of a half cover enough - stops water ingress and folds away in to the boot. Fits in a few minutes and I’d highly recommend one to everyone! 

+1 ---- Cabrio Shield in my case.  Highly recommended particularly if your car lives out side all the time.

… and a PO of my car must have got away with a little water ingress into the alarm module, tell tale water and corrosion marks on the circuit board.  Fortunately only one component on the board had failed (feed to bridge B7 in the fuse box), which with a quick hack of a live feed from another circuit brought my interior lights and vanity lights on the sun visors back to life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

+1 ---- Cabrio Shield in my case.  Highly recommended particularly if your car lives out side all the time.

I concur - I was gifted an old cabrio shield 1/2 cover and it’s used daily - my car lives outside 24/7 and th cover stops water ingress and also stops the need to scrape windows when they’re frozen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the winter advantages of a half cover but it's no substitute for keeping the drain holes unblocked.  You may well be caught out in a deluge or two whilst driving.

When fitted does the cover fully prevent water from reaching the rear membrane under the clam shell and the front scuttle where the battery sits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boxob said:

I can see the winter advantages of a half cover but it's no substitute for keeping the drain holes unblocked.  You may well be caught out in a deluge or two whilst driving.

When fitted does the cover fully prevent water from reaching the rear membrane under the clam shell and the front scuttle where the battery sits?

Good point - it covers the the rear but not the front. I wouldn’t expect anyone not to regularly unblock the drain holes, basic Boxster maintenance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your storage box at the back of your central consol if the lid is not closed or as been said boot or bonnet or micro switch on any of these it will give a beep.

Mine is the storage box micro switch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Apollo000 said:

Good point - it covers the the rear but not the front. I wouldn’t expect anyone not to regularly unblock the drain holes, basic Boxster maintenance. 

Oh yes, keep the drains clear too....

The Cabrio Shield extends all the way to the boot hinge line so covers all the roof storage area and the clam shell.  No protection at the front though as it stops inline with the base of the screen. I'll post some pictures of it fitted when I get home later this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of possibilities suggested here, but the first problem is that the key/fob is not working.  I believe that if the battery is disconnected (as in changing the battery) the key can lose synchonisation with the ECU.  There is a way to resynchonise - do a search on google.  My remote keys over time both stopped working due to being worn out which is a common problem, so for a time I resorted to using keys manually, but I had the same problem with the horn beeping occasionally even when driving along.  The specialist I use suggested damp in the ECU although I wasn't convinced of this. My thoughts were that it was down to a sticking microswitch on the drivers door lock.  As we all normally use the fob key by pressing the buttons this operates on the central locking module and bypasses this microswitch so if it is sticking it would not be evident in normal use.  It is only when using the key manually that this will show up.

I ordered a new key which was programmed to the ECU and this solved the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@D10SSE where are you located - maybe someone close can pop round and assist - add your location to your profile....it helps :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...