www.BoXa.net
718as

Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0

From Autocar above "Porsche hasn’t totally abandoned its four-cylinder philosophy (the turbocharged units remain in the standard and S versions), but after developing a bespoke flat-six motor for the Boxster Spyder and Cayman GT4 it was felt that it would be a shame to restrict its use to just these limited run specials."

Bespoke motor? Really?  I'd always assumed it was just a detuned 911 motor with the gearbox at the back this time.

Ah yes, that's the one I will almost certainly be winning on the BOTB prize draw this week........ :lol:

7 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I'd always assumed it was just a detuned 911 motor

Not quite Meno. You are right that the basis of the engine in the GTS 4.0 is  the current flat 6 cylinder but its bored out from 3L to 4L and is normally aspirated. 

People are starting to be allocated build slots for the GTS 4.0 manual. Any lucky person on the forum got one? 

I went to the dealer last week to discuss a possible upgrade to the GTS, but the trade-in offer on my current car is awful, so I have gone cold on the idea now.

Their initial offer was about 2k lower than webuyanycar.com!

What's your current car? Your My Ride says 2001S, I can't imagine an OPC wanting one of them....

1 hour ago, ed80 said:

I went to the dealer last week to discuss a possible upgrade to the GTS, but the trade-in offer on my current car is awful, so I have gone cold on the idea now.

Their initial offer was about 2k lower than webuyanycar.com!

Thats interesting. If Meno is right its likely the dealer will just get a trader to buy your car. I know they want my car, a 2015 GTS, but I'm likely to try sale or return with an independent first. 

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

What's your current car? Your My Ride says 2001S, I can't imagine an OPC wanting one of them....

Oops. Updated now :)

It's a 2013 Boxster S, Manual with all the best options. It is pretty much mint, and still under warranty from the last time it was sold by a dealer. They put it on a ramp and said how pleased they would be to have the chance to sell such a lovely car, then offered me 20k trade in :D

Many here have taken that trade in offer but quickly sold privately at higher price (I guess there is a proviso in the contract) Gets you a place on the list for a very desirable car!  And if you subsequently couldn’t sell yours at a higher price, then perhaps their valuation was accurate after all.