Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
JohnSyn

Burmester

Recommended Posts

Has anyone experience of a Burmester system in their 718? I'm interested as to what its like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No experience, but I doubt is worth £2K more than the Bose, especially if you spend a lot of time roof down. Seems more suited to the quietness of a Cayenne or Macan interior. 
 

But happy for you to Guinea Pig it for everyone 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gutley said:

But happy for you to Guinea Pig it for everyone

thats very nice of you, Matt. I assume you are paying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll be paying for it and the next owner will enjoy it more...personally I think Bose is pretty good as-is

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have it in the 911, have Bose in the Macan.

Basically wish it was the other way around 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Have it in the 911, have Bose in the Macan.

Basically wish it was the other way around 🙂

Thanks Gary....thats helpful to hear from someone with both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

I think Bose is pretty good as-is

I do Stuart..had it on all my Porsches. It's just a thread on Pistonheads that has intrigued me. 

Edited by JohnSyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

personally I think Bose is pretty good as-is

 

 

54 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

I do Stuart..had it on all my Porsches. It's just a thread on Pistonheads that has intrigued me. 


I agree with @Stuart21UK and as you know @JohnSyn how good Bose sound in the quiet comfort of the Macan, thus Burgmeister sound in the Macan would be fantastic.

As such it’s honestly wasted in the 911 as it would be in a Boxster. As neither offer the quiet cabin & acoustics that make the more expensive option worthwhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

I do Stuart..had it on all my Porsches. It's just a thread on Pistonheads that has intrigued me. 

Out of interest what are the knowledge gods of PH’s saying? Don’t tell me it’s Porsche911R telling everyone he’s right and everyone is wrong   which is the norm. 
 

I specced a new Macan Turbo recently just for a laugh to see how much my ‘current’ Macan spec would cost, with only a couple of extras that I’m missing on the current one. Interestingly I did tick the Burgmeister sound system & in all honesty in the Macan I WOULD add it.

Edited by r1flyguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

 


I agree with @Stuart21UK and as you know @JohnSyn how good Bose sound in the quiet comfort of the Macan, thus Burgmeister sound in the Macan would be fantastic.

As such it’s honestly wasted in the 911 as it would be in a Boxster. As neither offer the quiet cabin & acoustics that make the more expensive option worthwhile.

In fact Gary it was a guy with a 718 Spyder, on Pistonheads,  who said he felt he had benefited from the burmester system. Could be played loudly with the roof down and still hear the music clearly. Of course there were the usual culprits who had an opinion!

Edited by JohnSyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I specced a new Macan Turbo recently just for a laugh to see how much my ‘current’ Macan spec would cost, with only a couple of extras that I’m missing on the current one. Interestingly I did tick the Burgmeister sound system & in all honesty in the Macan I WOULD add it

I'm interested that you would add that to the Macan Gary. I'm still very much enjoying my Macan GTS, got out of my Macan  diesel just in time! I have to say I don't like the light bar, across the top of the boot, on the latest ones. I'm waiting for the EV version and will see how things are then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

I'm interested that you would add that to the Macan Gary. I'm still very much enjoying my Macan GTS, got out of my Macan  diesel just in time! 

Unfortunately and as usual I made the jump into the Macan too late so I’m ‘stuck’ with it for a while yet, maybe a good idea really as it’s depreciation has slowed a little now and I can use it to trade into an EV Macan also when they finally come out depending on its range.

 

The Burmester (finally spelt it right, I think) 😂 offers a clear clarity of sound which is far better than the Bose & the Bose is very good.

Whilst cruising on the motorway with CC on and the stereo playing in the 911 the sound is good BUT the 911 is not a quiet cruiser, the road noise alone from the tyres detracts from the stereo sound as does, rumble strips, expansion joints, etc, etc all the things you do not notice in the Macan. You do not go to the Opera and listen to the radio on you iPods, your quiet to appreciate what you hear.

Its like having race bucket seats fitted to a family Prius, you know the seats are great at what they do but in a Prius you just can’t appreciate them fully.

Edited by r1flyguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another factor may be daily driver vs weekend toy.  Bose in the 987.1 was never particularly respected anyway, but in mine for the 2-3k per year that I drive it, I almost never turn the sound system on at all.  Thus DD in a Boxster might make sense; weekend toy, less so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy with the standard sound system in my 718

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...