Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
the baron

Off to Lee's again at CPS for suspected power steering pump

Recommended Posts

Nightmare week for cars, someone dented the Boxster last Saturday, yesterday the power steering pump went and then I went and filled the discovery up with petrol instead of diesel.

So on the power steering, Lee reckons its more than likely a leak rather than the pump itself, so will find out shortly.

Hopefully next week will be better.(my 3 things have hopefully come and gone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the baron said:

Nightmare week for cars, someone dented the Boxster last Saturday, yesterday the power steering pump went and then I went and filled the discovery up with petrol instead of diesel.

So on the power steering, Lee reckons its more than likely a leak rather than the pump itself, so will find out shortly.

Hopefully next week will be better.(my 3 things have hopefully come and gone)

☹️ bad week.

Some have suggested Pirtek or other hydraulics specialist if you know it is only a hose, but then again if it is already at CPS when diagnosed, best to get it done there I imagine.

Hope your luck changes, but I'd not recommend a National Lottery of Euro Millions ticket purchase this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the baron said:

Nightmare week for cars, someone dented the Boxster last Saturday, yesterday the power steering pump went and then I went and filled the discovery up with petrol instead of diesel.

So on the power steering, Lee reckons its more than likely a leak rather than the pump itself, so will find out shortly.

Hopefully next week will be better.(my 3 things have hopefully come and gone)

Replaced the power steering pump on mine after running it dry for 200 miles after the hydraulic hose burst next to new SS manifold. PITA to do the first time, but suspect not to difficult if I had to do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember having this failure on my 987.2, OPC charged me £1200 to replace the hose.

when I took it to CPS for a service a few months later Lee told me it was a known issue and they had a £20 fix

fingers crossed for the latter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed for a better week next week for you - at least you have the "munch" to look forward to next week  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Replaced the power steering pump on mine after running it dry for 200 miles after the hydraulic hose burst next to new SS manifold. PITA to do the first time, but suspect not to difficult if I had to do it again.

Is that an offer 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, the baron said:

Is that an offer 😁

I can't believe how blatant she is. Be afraid, be very afraid 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the baron said:

Is that an offer 😁

*checks location of the baron*

Yes, if you’re local, I can do it on 30th Feb.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

*checks location of the baron*

Yes, if you’re local, I can do it on 30th Feb.

LOL, nice one, ill just pop over then.... 

Im hoping Lees bill will be less than the petrol it would cost to get to you.

"Thanks for the offer though"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I filled up the power steering yesterday in preparation for the journey to Lee's, it took a litre of oil, and it stopped making that horrible noise a bit like a buzz saw.

Started it this morning and its making the noise again so am presuming the leak is much worse than anticipated, so it now needs to be trailered.

Its being picked up on Monday and Ill leave it with Lee..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the baron said:

I filled up the power steering yesterday in preparation for the journey to Lee's, it took a litre of oil, and it stopped making that horrible noise a bit like a buzz saw.

Started it this morning and its making the noise again so am presuming the leak is much worse than anticipated, so it now needs to be trailered.

Its being picked up on Monday and Ill leave it with Lee..

Did you bleed the system by moving the steering wheel full lock to lock several times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apollo000 said:

Did you bleed the system by moving the steering wheel full lock to lock several times?

Yes, did that last night about 4 times until the level was showing just above where it should be and it stopped making the horrible noise, it took a litre, so presumed it was bled and filled to max, I didnt even turn the wheel this morning just started it up and it made a horrible noise. No oil under car but its probably filled the undertray up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, ½cwt said:

 

t I'd not recommend a National Lottery of Euro Millions ticket purchase this week.

Are you lot still allowed to do the Euro Millions? I thought you had left the EU?😀😀😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car being picked up tomorrow and carted off to Lee's 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently it was the power steering rack pipes, which doesn't mean a lot to me, but CPS has sorted it.

@CAZ has very kindly offered to take me up to retrieve my car on Monday mornings hers is having a service and a few bits done. (I say kindly offered, I hijacked her and she didnt have much choice 😂)

@John K If you fancy an early morning breakfast meet with @CAZ and I let us know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the baron said:

 

@CAZ has very kindly offered to take me up to retrieve my car on Monday mornings hers is having a service and a few bits done. (I say kindly offered, I hijacked her and she didnt have much choice 😂)

It's all about team work.... I hope no weapons were involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

It's all about team work.... I hope no weapons were involved.

Hope @the baron is bracing himself for his “ride of terror “ / gentle bimble at the speed of a milk float to Lee’s on Monday - Cherry Bomb in for her MOT an oil change and a check over of the hood - hoping @John K has all his bits working and can bend himself into his Box and join us for a snorker bap at the chow shed, where I intend to take him by surprise snd frunk him 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello chaps and chapettes,

I think I might be hiding at home for a few weeks, I would feel spectacularly awful if I caught anything so I'm locking myself into the house 

Apologies as you will both be so close but I've gone chicken...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John K said:

Hello chaps and chapettes,

I think I might be hiding at home for a few weeks, I would feel spectacularly awful if I caught anything so I'm locking myself into the house 

Apologies as you will both be so close but I've gone chicken...

Totally understand, I was a little nervous at the RWB the other day, didnt shake hands and sat at the opposite end of the table, Ive also cancelled my place on the Munch clay shoot, as I am at risk with two chronic illness, so like you need to be really careful.

Hopefully catch up in a few months when all this sh1t is over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, WhatsApp has video conference calls, no need to socially isolate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Folks, WhatsApp has video conference calls, no need to socially isolate. 

I use WA and Teams video conferences all the time - even before Covid. Works really well... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhatsApp - don't fancy handing my life details over to Mr Zuckerberg.  Don't use FB either for same reason, only this forum and a couple of others and LinkedIn occasionally.

We are pushing clients to use Teams for business contact with us currently which is surprisingly difficult in construction given the need to look at issues with buildings, access, detailed drawings, clashes that don't show up until you see them in reality etc. particularly if you haven't seen the site before. It is certainly slowing things down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, ½cwt said:

WhatsApp - don't fancy handing my life details over to Mr Zuckerberg.  Don't use FB either for same reason

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@the baron, how did it go..?

And how was @CAZ's driving? I've heard her say she likes her men clinging on for dear life and screaming their heads off... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...