www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Tycho

Engine undertray 98650412902

The last missing part in my Boxster jigsaw is the engine undertray part no. 98650412902.  I have managed to get the other undertrays from salvage companies but it seems that this one gets damaged when they lift cars.  The only one on eBay is up for a higher price than from an OPC! Any ideas for possible sources or is the OPC my best bet.

Thanks

Chris

I'm not sure prices are helpful from this side of the world, but I just purchased one thru Pelican Parts for $167.USD.  I'm guessing the freight to the UK might make it significantly more expensive.  There is a new part number 986 504 119 00.

Kevin

If you haven't already, try searching for the part no with spaces .ie. 986 504 etc., full stops i.e 986.504. etc and hyphens i.e. 986-504- etc. And have you phoned the breakers e.g. Dougals Valley, Jasmine, Prestige, 9 apart ?

16 hours ago, Tycho said:

The last missing part in my Boxster jigsaw is the engine undertray part no. 98650412902.  I have managed to get the other undertrays from salvage companies but it seems that this one gets damaged when they lift cars.  The only one on eBay is up for a higher price than from an OPC! Any ideas for possible sources or is the OPC my best bet.

Thanks

Chris

Looks like you've answered your own question...

16 hours ago, red rocket said:

If you haven't already, try searching for the part no with spaces .ie. 986 504 etc., full stops i.e 986.504. etc and hyphens i.e. 986-504- etc. And have you phoned the breakers e.g. Dougals Valley, Jasmine, Prestige, 9 apart ?

I asked Steve directly at DV for exactly this part as mine has been both damaged and cut back in one place (can't work out why unless it was to remove a broken bit).  They move the cars with fork lift trucks and this tray is always wrecked as a result as it is in the lifting position for one of the truck's forks.

Thanks Chaps,

Yes. I drew a blank with the breakers & got the same explanation re fork lifts.  Some did say that they occasionally get a complete one.  I have done pretty well on the other trays so I will get this one ordered from the OPC & enjoy a cup of their coffee.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:43 PM, S8ked said:

I'm not sure prices are helpful from this side of the world, but I just purchased one thru Pelican Parts for $167.USD.  I'm guessing the freight to the UK might make it significantly more expensive.  There is a new part number 986 504 119 00.

Kevin

Watch out for Import taxes and "handling charges " they can add a few quid to the final price :angry: 

16 hours ago, Tycho said:

I have got one on order from my OPC, hopefully I will collect tomorrow. 

I suspect it is one of those parts that is cheapest from your OPC if they are sensibly local, coffee included and no extra postage.

£102.76 + from OPC

1 hour ago, Tycho said:

Seems I did OK at £92.49 + but gave the coffee a miss this time.

Looks like they gave you 10% off unprompted.

I have been buying bits for my 993 there for a few years & the discounts go to offsetting my PCGB subs!