www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
samvernon

Boxster years

Is their a certain year of Boxsters that is better than others? I’m currently torn between 1997 and 2002 one.

No, they all have pros and cons. The question is which is better for your own needs and desires.

Hi

Some people favour the early cars with the dual row IMS. Others like the "cleaner" lines of the early cars, and the fried eggs.

Early cars can be non ULEZ complaint, so watch for that. Facelift cars have a cupholder and glass screen.

Buy on condition as usual.

Berni

What is the impact of non-ULEZ? It’s a new term to me. 

8 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

If it means nothing to you then it's irrelevant. You don't live in or near London so it won't mean anything to you. 

• Like 1

It’s catching

ULEZ coming to a city centre near you soon!

The ***tards.

Edited by Berni29

7 hours ago, Dazzevans said:

ULEZ = Ultra Low Emission Zone

Whether or not a particular vehicle is affected is based on the specific EURO engine emissions "rating" or sometimes (as in London's case) another exhaust pollution metric. Bear in mind London has been running something like this covering larger commercial vehicles for a while now.

Mayor of London has implemented a ULEZ which already covers the existing Congestion Charging Zone.  It is supposed to be expanded to cover the area enclosed by the North and South Circular Roads.

Other urban areas are rolling out their own versions of this - expect to see more and more of them, each with their own take on which vehicles it is going to affect.

My 2001 registered 986S (2002MY) meets the London ULEZ threshold that means it's not going to be taxed on this basis at this time.

1 hour ago, map said:

ULEZ = Ultra Low Emission Zone

Whether or not a particular vehicle is affected is based on the specific EURO engine emissions "rating" or sometimes (as in London's case) another exhaust pollution metric. Bear in mind London has been running something like this covering larger commercial vehicles for a while now.

Mayor of London has implemented a ULEZ which already covers the existing Congestion Charging Zone.  It is supposed to be expanded to cover the area enclosed by the North and South Circular Roads.

Other urban areas are rolling out their own versions of this - expect to see more and more of them, each with their own take on which vehicles it is going to affect.

My 2001 registered 986S (2002MY) meets the London ULEZ threshold that means it's not going to be taxed on this basis at this time.

I assume it is fairly easy to fid out whether your car is ULEZ complaint. It's not something I have to worry about in Zummerzet (although Bristol may be heading in the same direction as London.

Here.....very simple just need reg number.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

Its 12.50 a day 24/7/365

Im not 100% on the rhyme and reason, but for our Boxsters it may be the 2/4 lambada sensor set ups, making it Euro 3 or not. Something like that.

Edit: Diesels have it much worse. Have to be Euro 6 I think. My sister had to sell her 2014 BMW X3 2.0 because was non compliant and she lives in the newly extended zone.

Berni

Edited by Berni29

10 minutes ago, Berni29 said:

Its 12.50 a day 24/7/365

Not of great significance, however ULEZ is exempt on Christmas Day.  LEZ has no exemptions.

I have been called the site pedant before...

Hi 

Good point, I guess I could offset that exemption every 4 years against the included leap year, but I would still be wrong.

Thanks for the clarification! On Xmas day I will be sure to drive my (non ULEZ compliant) 993 through the Blackwall Tunnel to my Sisters house (i'm not joking!)

Berni

Edited by Berni29

For petrol cars the ULEZ only measures Nitrogen oxide which must comply with Euro 4 to be exempt from the charge. There are slight changes to the emissions based on engine numbers. You can check on your V5C to verify the factory emissions. 

More info here 

1 hour ago, Berni29 said:

Here.....very simple just need reg number.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896

Its 12.50 a day 24/7/365

Im not 100% on the rhyme and reason, but for our Boxsters it may be the 2/4 lambada sensor set ups, making it Euro 3 or not. Something like that.

Edit: Diesels have it much worse. Have to be Euro 6 I think. My sister had to sell her 2014 BMW X3 2.0 because was non compliant and she lives in the newly extended zone.

Berni

Thanks Berni. I just checked the car that I'm looking at buying and it appears to be ULEZ compliant.

23 hours ago, samvernon said:

Is their a certain year of Boxsters that is better than others? I’m currently torn between 1997 and 2002 one.

I'd say the 2004 is by far the best. No bias here