www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
mortzz

throttle body clean 986

can some one give me any tips on cleaning the throttle body as i dought its ever been done, mine has the fly by wire throttle , ive herd people having issues with the tick over and fly by wire system afterwards 

thanks

Andy

I cleaned mine last year along with the MAF and idle valve, its an easy job but time consuming.

I did it because my revs were fluctuating and this simple clean sorted the problem out

Edited by the baron

I did mine when I fitted a replacement MAF a few months ago so two changes at once don't tell you how effective each is, but there was certainly a lot of residue to clean out.  I did all the induction pipes to the main intake manifolds as these collect residue from the AOS recirculating oil vapour into the induction system.  Can't have done any harm to clean it all up.  Be gentle with the MAF as they are quite fragile.

i was thinking if you took the battery off while you did the job there would be no issues with the fly by wire throttle as the ecu would not know its been off, or am i overthinking this 

andy

Didn't disconnect the battery when I did mine but took all the pipework and throttle body off the car and then plugged it all back in again. No issues. If you do disconnect the battery the ECU/DME will forget its settings and go to a base line and then learn again but not sure how long you need to disconnect for. If too long you'll lose your radio code too.....

hi all i have now done this job and all went ok , just one thing to help people , when your putting the air intake tubing back on it doesn't just push back on it took 2 people to push it back and makes a kind of click , then tighten it up, mine took ages to get it on correctly 

Andy  

• Thanks 1