www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Matt70

Tyre sizes / Boxster S

Hello folks ... I am finally the very fortunate owner of a brilliant 2003 Boxster S

My question is regarding tyre sizes and opinions towards them.

The car is on 18" Turbo Twists and the present tyre configuration is:

Front ; 225 40 r18

Rear ; 265 35 r18

I am planning ahead and want to know if this sounds about right or should I switch ...

Lovely set of wheels, I love the turbo twists. Those are the factory recommended sizes for 18 inch rims. 👍

32 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Lovely set of wheels, I love the turbo twists. Those are the factory recommended sizes for 18 inch rims. 👍

That's great to know ....

Yes the wheels look utterly fantastic .... especially with the car bring Arctic Silver ....

12 hours ago, Matt70 said:

Hello folks ... I am finally the very fortunate owner of a brilliant 2003 Boxster S

My question is regarding tyre sizes and opinions towards them.

The car is on 18" Turbo Twists and the present tyre configuration is:

Front ; 225 40 r18

Rear ; 265 35 r18

I am planning ahead and want to know if this sounds about right or should I switch ...

These ^ are the correct 986 18" tyre sizes.  I believe some fit 235/40 and 275/35 as an alternative.  Just fitted these on mine with Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 tyres:

oKFBKyl.jpg 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Photos or it isn't real 😁

Agreed. Pics please @Matt70.

This is my ridiculous grin that I maintained for well over two hours back up to Shropshire ..... I was 50 on Friday so of course stopped off for a covid distance wave from my Mum, hence the convenient picture. I have wanted a Porsche since the lates 70's .... so yes it's taken a while heheheboxster50.thumb.jpg.f53d04c8038b6839d74417c5aebd2774.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good, I am particularly impressed with the alignment of the front and rear tyre valve caps😉. Popular age for Boxster ownership, I was 51 when I bought mine. It also has the Turbo twist 18” wheels and 265 / 225 tyres.

Edited by el 3.2S
  • Like 1

Looking very good. Although I'm upset now, I'm 20 years your junior but look very similar..... 

1 hour ago, Matt70 said:

This is my ridiculous grin that I maintained for well over two hours back up to Shropshire ..... I was 50 on Friday so of course stopped off for a covid distance wave from my Mum, hence the convenient picture. I have wanted a Porsche since the lates 70's .... so yes it's taken a while heheheboxster50.thumb.jpg.f53d04c8038b6839d74417c5aebd2774.jpg

Great stuff, those wheels are thing of beauty, enjoy. 👍

6 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Looking very good. Although I'm upset now, I'm 20 years your junior but look very similar..... 

Upon present evaluation I would say that being upset at being 20 years younger is akin to having 5 kegs of Hobgoblin with a free weekend pass and fretting about having to feed the cat .... Hehehe ......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Great stuff, those wheels are thing of beauty, enjoy. 👍

They are .... Only yesterday did the true magnificence of 265's hit this home as I stared at the finest of rears along with my neighbour ..... Covid distance of course ....

33 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Looking good, I am particularly impressed with the alignment of the front and rear tyre valve caps😉. Popular age for Boxster ownership, I was 51 when I bought mine. It also has the Turbo twist 18” wheels and 265 / 225 tyres.

We have clearly demonstrated superlative taste with our matching motors .... Those valve caps are spooky though .....hehehe

10 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Although the crest is slightly off point on the front 😂

11 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

The IMS experience???

8 hours ago, CarlM said:

Although the crest is slightly off point on the front 😂

Damn it ...you are right .... new picture required hehehe