Jump to content
www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Matt70

Tyre sizes / Boxster S

Recommended Posts

Hello folks ... I am finally the very fortunate owner of a brilliant 2003 Boxster S

My question is regarding tyre sizes and opinions towards them.

The car is on 18" Turbo Twists and the present tyre configuration is:

Front ; 225 40 r18

Rear ; 265 35 r18

I am planning ahead and want to know if this sounds about right or should I switch ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely set of wheels, I love the turbo twists. Those are the factory recommended sizes for 18 inch rims. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Lovely set of wheels, I love the turbo twists. Those are the factory recommended sizes for 18 inch rims. 👍

That's great to know ....

Yes the wheels look utterly fantastic .... especially with the car bring Arctic Silver ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matt70 said:

Hello folks ... I am finally the very fortunate owner of a brilliant 2003 Boxster S

My question is regarding tyre sizes and opinions towards them.

The car is on 18" Turbo Twists and the present tyre configuration is:

Front ; 225 40 r18

Rear ; 265 35 r18

I am planning ahead and want to know if this sounds about right or should I switch ...

These ^ are the correct 986 18" tyre sizes.  I believe some fit 235/40 and 275/35 as an alternative.  Just fitted these on mine with Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 tyres:

oKFBKyl.jpg 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Photos or it isn't real 😁

Agreed. Pics please @Matt70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my ridiculous grin that I maintained for well over two hours back up to Shropshire ..... I was 50 on Friday so of course stopped off for a covid distance wave from my Mum, hence the convenient picture. I have wanted a Porsche since the lates 70's .... so yes it's taken a while heheheboxster50.thumb.jpg.f53d04c8038b6839d74417c5aebd2774.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good, I am particularly impressed with the alignment of the front and rear tyre valve caps😉. Popular age for Boxster ownership, I was 51 when I bought mine. It also has the Turbo twist 18” wheels and 265 / 225 tyres.

Edited by el 3.2S
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking very good. Although I'm upset now, I'm 20 years your junior but look very similar..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt70 said:

This is my ridiculous grin that I maintained for well over two hours back up to Shropshire ..... I was 50 on Friday so of course stopped off for a covid distance wave from my Mum, hence the convenient picture. I have wanted a Porsche since the lates 70's .... so yes it's taken a while heheheboxster50.thumb.jpg.f53d04c8038b6839d74417c5aebd2774.jpg

Great stuff, those wheels are thing of beauty, enjoy. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Looking very good. Although I'm upset now, I'm 20 years your junior but look very similar..... 

Upon present evaluation I would say that being upset at being 20 years younger is akin to having 5 kegs of Hobgoblin with a free weekend pass and fretting about having to feed the cat .... Hehehe ......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Great stuff, those wheels are thing of beauty, enjoy. 👍

They are .... Only yesterday did the true magnificence of 265's hit this home as I stared at the finest of rears along with my neighbour ..... Covid distance of course ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Looking good, I am particularly impressed with the alignment of the front and rear tyre valve caps😉. Popular age for Boxster ownership, I was 51 when I bought mine. It also has the Turbo twist 18” wheels and 265 / 225 tyres.

We have clearly demonstrated superlative taste with our matching motors .... Those valve caps are spooky though .....hehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Looking good, I am particularly impressed with the alignment of the front and rear tyre valve caps😉. Popular age for Boxster ownership, I was 51 when I bought mine. It also has the Turbo twist 18” wheels and 265 / 225 tyres.

Although the crest is slightly off point on the front 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Looking very good. Although I'm upset now, I'm 20 years your junior but look very similar..... 

The IMS experience???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CarlM said:

Although the crest is slightly off point on the front 😂

Damn it ...you are right .... new picture required hehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...