www.BoXa.net

Car Insurance renewal - Bargain!

Just had my annual email from confused.com ready for my renewal next month, and I've sorted out a new policy.  My current insurer (SAGA) wasn't offered on there this time, so I had a look at the first few on the list, and decided to go for Halifax this time.  They weren't quite the cheapest, but there was only a few quid difference, so not enough to worry about.  I've been banking with them for decades, and also have house and contents insurance with them, so it made sense to keep everything in one place.  Also, I reduced the excess to just £100 (voluntary excess = £0, compulsory excess = £100) and that didn't seem to make much of a difference to the cost, so a no-brainer.

I thought last year was pretty good, at £18 per month, but this year is only £13.42 (with a £12.14 initial payment) so it appears I have reached the sweet spot of being old enough to be a careful driver, but not so old that I'm a bleedin' liability on the road... :lol:

As if that wasn't enough of a bargain, I will also receive a £20 Halfords voucher from confused.com :thumbsup_anim:

Today has been a good day.............

20200905_145339

31 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Just had my annual email from confused.com ready for my renewal next month, and I've sorted out a new policy.  My current insurer (SAGA) wasn't offered on there this time, so I had a look at the first few on the list, and decided to go for Halifax this time.  They weren't quite the cheapest, but there was only a few quid difference, so not enough to worry about.  I've been banking with them for decades, and also have house and contents insurance with them, so it made sense to keep everything in one place.  Also, I reduced the excess to just £100 (voluntary excess = £0, compulsory excess = £100) and that didn't seem to make much of a difference to the cost, so a no-brainer.

I thought last year was pretty good, at £18 per month, but this year is only £13.42 (with a £12.14 initial payment) so it appears I have reached the sweet spot of being old enough to be a careful driver, but not so old that I'm a bleedin' liability on the road... :lol:

As if that wasn't enough of a bargain, I will also receive a £20 Halfords voucher from confused.com :thumbsup_anim:

Today has been a good day.............

20200905_145339

So you're no longer a Saga-lout ? 

Talk them down further, surely there must be more in it ? (kidding - sounds like you got a great deal) 👍

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, iborguk said:

So you're no longer a Saga-lout ? 

Talk them down further, surely there must be more in it ? (kidding - sounds like you got a great deal) 👍

That's right mate, I never really felt like I fitted in at Saga anyway, I'm far too young (er... in my head anyway! :lol:)

I don't think there was much room for negotiation on the price - If it went any lower, they would end up paying me...

Just now, Davey P said:

That's right mate, I never really felt like I fitted in at Saga anyway, I'm far too young (er... in my head anyway! :lol:)

I don't think there was much room for negotiation on the price - If it went any lower, they would end up paying me...

I think you did very well there and nice photo of the car - v pretty. 😀

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, iborguk said:

I think you did very well there and nice photo of the car - v pretty. 😀

Cheers mate, much appreciated :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1