www.BoXa.net
Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Insurance renewal

I have just got my renewal through from Privilege and my premium has gone up by a whopping £200.

Best quote so far is from Liverpool Victoria (thanks for the tip guys) who are £100 less than Privilege with a lower XS and no extra for European Cover (IIRC Privilege want £40 for a Green Card every time I go abroad)

Any other recommendations?

Alex,

Let www.confused.com search a few sites, but I always find direct-line (needs tracker, and beware of high excesses), and Admiral a good bet, and esure if you can convince them.

Dave.

Privilege are the posh car version of Direct Line so no joy there. Esure won't insure me but their sister company First Advantage will do and they have come up with a good quote although I will need to check the European cover

eSure don't ask for tracking devices. Liverpool Victoria supposed to be very good too (esp. if you've speeding offences).

Renewed my insurance this morning.Went with MORE THAN,who insure my other car.£512 for wife and myself.Includes business,living in the Bromley area within the M25 area.Excess £750,58 yrs. old.N.C.D. for life.

recently changed from a Box S to a 996 C2 same insurance group etc, my company wanted and extra £1000 to cover the carrera. Told them to stuff off and was quoted happy by Norwich Union for an extra £80. It pays to shop.

First course of action should be to contact your existing insurer and tell them to stop playing silly beggars... either they keep your premium within 10% of last year's or your offski. Having worked in the industry for 12 years I can assure you that it costs them a lot more to acquire a new customer than it does for them to retain an existing one by keeping their premium down.

Case study... my renewal came through last month - increased by 37% over last year. I did my usual phoning them up and saying you have one more chance to keep my business.... they come back after 30 seconds with an 8% increased premium instead.

Of course they will try it on but trust me, they have loads of discretion to discount premiums for 'good' customers.

Hope this helps.

PS. This is my first post! Yippee...

Don't be afraid to chop and change. I was with Bell Direct (Admiral) for years and they were the best. Last year they took the p*ss and I switched to Tesco (Direct Line) but they quoted £1650 this year. Admiral offered £1025 and I'm back with them. £625 saved in 20 mins - nice.

29 years old. Twickenham/Richmond area, on the drive, 3 points, 6 years NCD.

I have just got my renewal through from Privilege and my premium has gone up by a whopping £200.

...they must have heard about your night time donut fest at Beasjour camp site at this years le mans!!! :whistle:;):lol:

Anyway back on topic....tesco cheapest for me and that is after a 45k payout for my writen off "s" :blush: