Jump to content
www.BoXa.net

What have YOU done to your 986 today ?


Recommended Posts

Carrying on from the popular general "What have you done" topic on the main forum, this ones 986 specific   :)

I'll kick off

Autoglym HD waxed and tucked back in the garage 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've not been here long enough - this is Molly we are talking about ! If there is the slightest chance she can whinge , moan, rattle, or break  - she will ! Some of my Le Mans friends have

Can a mod change the thread title to "your" instead of "you're" my grammar nazi comes out every time I see it ?

Got the naff decals off !

Posted Images

I popped mine into the garage for a new front anti roll bar link and investigate a misfire. Looking forward to hearing the "sorted" voicemail later this week, in time for another weekend dash????

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got around to insuring it - my good lady paid £230 for 5k miles limited policy.

What is going on with the car tax website - if i buy a tax disc this evening, it will start on the 1st Oct (so 31 days of wasted tax). So i have to buy it tomorrow morning :-(.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rav said:

I finally got around to insuring it - my good lady paid £230 for 5k miles limited policy.

What is going on with the car tax website - if i buy a tax disc this evening, it will start on the 1st Oct (so 31 days of wasted tax). So i have to buy it tomorrow morning :-(

That's how car tax has always worked I think. You always get that's months whole period that you are in. Last day of the month is the worst cost effective day

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rav said:

What is going on with the car tax website - if i buy a tax disc this evening, it will start on the 1st Oct (so 31 days of wasted tax). So i have to buy it tomorrow morning :-(.

 

 

You can tax a few days early only if the vehicle is currently taxed, otherwise it's as you described.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T24RES said:

You can tax a few days early only if the vehicle is currently taxed, otherwise it's as you described.

It used to be that if your car was already taxed, you could buy a week or more before, but if it was untaxed then you could only buy it a couple of days before.

I struck a deal with Bike Loon, and even though I SORN'd my old car on 30th September, he still couldn't tax it himself until 1st October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, T24RES said:

You can tax a few days early only if the vehicle is currently taxed, otherwise it's as you described.

Wtf is that all about in today's age ?  It's hardly difficult to make the tax run from the date it is bought and be able to renew it a few weeks in advance ,  if they can do it for mot's they can do it for tax.   Pure money making scam to renew to the month not the date. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Wtf is that all about in today's age ?  It's hardly difficult to make the tax run from the date it is bought and be able to renew it a few weeks in advance ,  if they can do it for mot's they can do it for tax.   Pure money making scam to renew to the month not the date. 

I agree. It should be to the day. Or abolished all together and encorporate it into the price of fuel. Then you only really pay for the "excuse duty" for the miles you will be doing. As somebody who pays £500 a year currently may do 1k or 20k yet pay the same in the same car. Yet as it's based on emissions, will be creating a 20th of the pollution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted the 987 Airbox , not up and running just yet as I've come across a couple of things I need to sort ( posted on other threads) however I can see why few people are reluctant to take this job  on themselves . It's not so much about the job it's  the acces and doing a compromised Superman position over the boot lid!!, with  a body that is in its in senior years...hope it's worth it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Fitted the 987 Airbox , not up and running just yet as I've come across a couple of things I need to sort ( posted on other threads) however I can see why few people are reluctant to take this job  on themselves . It's not so much about the job it's  the acces and doing a compromised Superman position over the boot lid!!, with  a body that is in its in senior years...hope it's worth it?

I spent a weekend doing this a few weeks ago. However what with this and a new throttle body, I'm running rich so it's going to get the fuelling corrected before it goes back to the dyno. 

I found the multitool invaluable for this job, cutting the old box out and shaving the new one down in various places to get it in there. 

I took the clips off the hood cover and strapped it vertical which made access much easier. 

The first test drive was fun though - sounded great and revved freely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the rattle thats  been alluding me all summer...............  the two little plastic end stops in the spoiler when its raised  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

took it to the garage for its new clutch, lower front wishbones, drop links, passenger door lock and small welding under passenger cill.

it will also have its small oil leak investigated and possibly get reversing sensors 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other day I trial fitted my recently purchased 997 gear knob...only to discover it was missing two tiny screws that hold it together !

Not available through Porsche, ebay seller says they are in his 2nd house in France and he's not going back until mid Dec !

so I went down to engineering and we managed to adapt some brass instrument screws to do the job.

 

Will attempt to make a suitable gator over the weekend...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patt said:

Will attempt to make a suitable gator over the weekend...

Walter 'Gator' Reilly.  The mind boggles. ^_^ 

600px-Dundee2_37.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

So my lovely Boxster is no longer in her 20's... 1,000's that is.... Ticked over to 30,000 miles yesterday morning. Not bad for an 18 year old ?

69F27E9F-BCEE-4F67-A9A1-5E3B5825AA78_zps

F7FF830E-01D8-4E2B-8CEE-BFA7D7C56A00_zps

Edited by Blackadder30
Url
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Patt said:

lol  If you saw the packing knife I intend to cut alcantara with- you might not be too far off.

Do you call it Old Bessie? ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...