Warranty and insurance time

mutley

just checking insurance out as the renewal is though £516 from Porsche, had a look on compare the market cheapest £689 all the way up to £2879

Now for the Warranty Porsche 1 year £1079 2 years £2095 with out the 111 point check

Warranty wise 2 years £1251 with main dealer repairs

Warranty Direct do not even have porsche in there drop down list

So porsche for insurance and W/wise

Not sure why Warranty Direct don't have Porsche on the list. They have quote quited a few members on here over the past few months including me. They tend to give you a quote of about £1000 the ring up a few days later with some excuse liek a computer glitch and an off around £650! Worth giving them a call 0800 731 7001, at least you could find out why it's not on the drop down list and enlighten us all!

Warranty Direct have the best reputation in the trade, but Warranty Wise on paper have the better cover as they will cover wear and tear (IE shocks, if one has failed due to wear an tear but the rest are servicable, they will replace an axle set) and Warranty Direct don't appear to cover suspension at all. Both cover RMS and IMS leaks as they do cover seals that need mechanical dismantling to reach them.

Haggle with the OPC as they offered me a warranty around £800 for one year and £1500 ish for 2 during the summer.

Also haggle with Warranty wise. They went down to £1060 (indy rates) with me for 2 years including a choice of 3 special items from a list that thye normally charge extra for, like A/C. I'll probably go with them!

Airbags don't go wrong (unless they detonate) it's usually the wiring thats the problem,do they cover that?

now looking at it cd, tyres and mot

1. Multi Media System

This policy addition covers you against the repair costs due to the failure of the stereo, CD/DVD mechanism or Satellite Navigation equipment provided that the items were fitted to your vehicle by the manufacturer as original equipment.

2. Air Bag System

This policy addition covers you against the repair cost of the vehicle's air bag system due to the failure of a part causing the activation of the air bag warning system.

3. Air Conditioning System

This policy addition covers you against the repair or replacement of any mechanical or electrical item that makes up the air conditioning system. This includes the compressor, condenser, evaporator and dryer.

4. Catalytic Convertor

This policy addition covers you against the repair cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle's catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter following the exhaust gas failing to meet the relevant in-service manufacturer's emissions standards.

5. Alloy Wheels

This policy addition covers you against the cost of repairing or placing alloy wheels that have suffered accidental rim damage (kerbed) rendering the wheel un-roadworthy, including the reasonable costs of fitting and balancing of the wheel.

6. Tyre Cover

This policy addition is designed to pay for the cost of a tyre (or tyres) that have incurred accidental sidewall or tread face damage (including punctures) rendering the tyre un-roadworthy.

7. MOT Failure Cover

This policy addition covers you against the repair cost of insured parts that have failed a VOSA annual MOT test. Please see policy booklet for a full list of covered parts.

8. Key & Lock Protection

This policy addition covers you against the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle's ignition and door keys or locks that have suffered a failure, been lost or stolen or suffered criminal damage.

was offerd a choice of 3 special looking at a/c, satnav/radio and air bags

It's up to you but airbags don't go wrong until over 10 years old normally and the radio/sat nav is hardly likely to fail eiither.

I'd go for A/c, Cats and tyres. Depending on the size, a tyre punture near the sidewall can cost you up to £280 as these should not be repaired.

now a/c yes as we do get problems

tyres 305 on the back £400

Cat never had one fail and the car is only 3 years old ?

It's entirely your choice, I'm just going on the cost of cat replacement and there are multiple cats on the Porsche if I understand it correctly!!!. They have been known to fail early especially if exposed to impact damage, grounding on speedbumps etc.

I had both cats fail on mine, fortunately 2 weeks after buying car from OPC.

Bill was over £1k.

I was told known faulty batch of cats on 2007 cars or lots of stop start short journeys. I will never know.

Archived